Author Topic: Please rate -- 22 years old. 5'9 165 lbs. What can I do?  (Read 9136 times)

Offline gyne911

• Posting Member
I work out a lot but these just aren't going away. What is the name of the condition and what can be done at this point? Thanks for all the help!

http://s378.photobucket.com/albums/oo225/Gyne911/

I think it's puffy nipples (although in some of the pics they hardened) and fat in the area but not sure. Any advice would be great!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 01:58:01 AM by gyne911 »

Offline mthatch1

• Silver Member
Hey buddy --

First off -- you look really good. 

Does your chest have a lot of fat on it though?  It is clear in the pictures that your COULD be flatter but you are in such good shape that it looks like muscle. Is it? 

Offline gyne911

• Posting Member
I don't think it's a lot of fat. Just sticks out and I hate it.

To be honest, when my nipples are hard or I have goosebumps my chest is perfect and I'm completely content. But the rest of the time, I am ashamed to take off my shirt because my chest just sags.

Offline mthatch1

• Silver Member
Is there SOME fat on your chest that you think you could get rid of? 

If so, surgery might help. 

I don't really understand how your chest looks saggy when your nipples are not hard...

Offline gyne911

• Posting Member
There is definitely fat there that I can't get rid of no matter what.

Anyone else?

Offline mannyman742

• Silver Member
You look great, I wouldn't have a problem taking my shirt off in any situation.  It appears completely normal, I wouldn't notice anything.  But in some cases even a guy with a great chest, it doesn't look good in just a t-shirt.  If it really bothers you see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
I don't really see a problem, but in your lateral photos, which should show a problem if it exists, your arms are behind your trunk.  When you pull your arms back it tightens the chest skin a little.  Try taking a few side photos with your arms down by your side.  Maybe that will show what you're describing, because you look fine to me.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline gyne911

• Posting Member
Thanks Doc. I will try to get some new pictures up.

I think in regards to your question, the upper chest is muscle from lifting but there is a fat in the lower area which is not firm. You can see it well in the first picture.

How much would surgery cost (Miami,FL)and would I still  be able to lift weights (chest excercises) after the rehab process is complete.

• Supporting Doctors
My typical charge when both gland excision and liposuction are required is roughly $4000.  (Maybe a little more or less-I'm not at the office now to check).  But that includes everything, my fee, operating suite fee, anesthesia charges, and two garments (vests).  Feel free to call my office tomorrow to get a quote, 407-857-6261.  I see a lot of patients from out of town/state/country.  Traveling from Miami shouldn't be too bad, but plan on staying in a hotel the night before and preferably the night after.  We work with our out of town patients to make scheduling and surgery go smoothly.

Thanks for the inquiry.  ;)

Dr. Pope, M.D.

Offline gyne911

• Posting Member
Dr. Pope:

Wasn't sure if you got my PM when i responded, but I wanted to know if I needed the gland excision and lipo and what the difference was? Also, after the surgery was performed, is it possible that it grows back?

Also, I am looking at your website and I don't mean this to be a knock on your work, but I don't see any difference between the before and after pictures of Sample1 of the Male Breast Reduction pictures. For 4,000 I would like to have a noticeable difference. Are these expectations unrealistic?

• Supporting Doctors
It's hard to say without examining you.  I think I explained this in a PM.  I also explained about the body builder on my website who only needed lipo.  In your photos you don't seem to have puffy nipples.  You may only need lipo, but once again, as I stated in the PM, it's best for out of town patients to make a trip to see their surgeon before the surgery date, just for evaluation.  That's not practical for everyone, but it's great if you can do it that way.

Dr. Pope, M.D.

Offline hyperballad

• Posting Member
wow...i don't see a problem at all. don't think you need to waste your money trying to fix anything.

Offline gyne911

• Posting Member
Thanks for the kind remarks but I still want to get something done because I am not happy with how my chest looks and it is bugging me.

Doc, I tried taking a new picture with my arms further up like you said. Also, i took these after coming out of the showers so my nipples were "softer" and normal.

Offline darknips2

• Bronze Member
see here is another clear case where this poor guy THINKS he has gyne...  this is a perfect male chest...    but somehow he seems to think somethings wrong with his chest  (???)Not sure what u think u have, but GYNE sure ain't it.......  this reminds me of   that illness where people tend to THINK they are fat when in actuality they are far from it

Offline mthatch1

• Silver Member

Gyne comes in all shapes and sizes and affects men in different ways.  It can be subtle and it can be extreme. 

A lot of people probably think gyne911 looks great -- I am among them but I can see what he is talking about.  He wants a tighter, flatter chest.  Surgery might be the only way he can achieve the look he desires. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024