Author Topic: Skinny, fat person, confused!  (Read 13117 times)

Offline booboy

• Posting Member
Im 19 years old and basically a small framed guy whose just 165cm tall and weighing about 55kg. The real problem is that I carry mostly all my body fat around my stomach and chest area and it looks like i have a gut and makes my gyno look worse! BLAME GENETICS! LOL!

I dont know if I should try to shed weight or not since im already quite light and don't want to become unhealthy.

Dr. Pope has posted a reply saying that in order to correct my condition ill need lipo aswell, but if i lose more weight will that ensure a better result for me?
Because im expecting to have the procedure done within a month and if losing weight will guarantee a better outcome id rather post-pone it.

Check out my post here and the pic attached,
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15947.0

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Your height and weight seem to make a fairly good match. Whether or not you have fat to lose is something you should ask a Doctor. Depending upon your musculature, weight loss may not be a good idea. If you are packing around a bit of excess, (which I doubt) losing it prior to surgery is preferred to losing it after surgery.

I have the highest regard for Dr. Pope. (and the other surgeons who frequent the site as well) I think you can accept his word as gospel.
Grandpa Dan

Offline booboy

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply, I posted this thread a while ago and the topics been quite dry :P

Well im not really muscular to be honest, and have been doing some free weights at home but I have hardly/never focused on an excercises which would workout my chest! So Im not expecting to be seeing alot of muscle on my chest after surgery!

A really big concern is that after surgery could working out  my chest result in any kind of deformed looking chest? This may sound like an amateurish question but you know what they say "no such thing as a stupid question just a stupid answer".  :)

Offline pharmerjoe

• Silver Member
I'm exactly the same as you. I am just slightly taller than you and weigh just over 60kg, and cant understand why all my fat goes on chest and stomach. I am actually 22 now, and I have gone through the route of weight loss. Couple of years a tried really hard to lose weight, do cardio,etc, and ended up at nearly 9 stone! but still, i could see the dreaded man boobs. Put some weight back on slightly, but still in the same position i was when i was 15 (even though i was a couple of stone heavier then). I don't know what to do, especially at this stage in my life when i am trying to get employment, meeting girls,etc. However, worst thing is i keeping thinking that if i lose enough weight in the right way, i can get rid of them, however, my family and friends now notice this, and they seem to think that I'm anorexic or sumthing cos i keep losing weight and starving myself. My confidence and self-esteem is very low, especially after battling this for the past 7 years now, and I'm not getting anywhere. Surgery isn't really an option, since I am under pressure from exams, and i am much too embarrassed to tell family that i need this done. Anyway, if anyone reads this, hope you can help...

Offline booboy

• Posting Member
The truth is that if you have gland not fat but an actual gland of breast under your nipple you cannot lose it through dieting and excercise!, your can build muscle sure, you can burn fat sure, but you cant burn or lose the breast gland. Only one way and thats through surgery!, for now just focus on getting healthier dude, i mean im not 100% sure of your situation but try put on some more lean muscle mass and focus on your studies!. I mean you could get the surgery done without them knowing but i STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST doing that just be open with your issue, sure you'll feel embarrassed for a few minutes your brother may even crack a joke or two so waht! You feel alot better with the issue off your chest and im reasonably certain they'll support you and ur decision.

IF you dont see it as a problem then by all means enjoy your boobs, but most likely youll need surgery!, go and see your doctor and get some professional advice.

Good luck with your exams.

Offline Cole1992

• Bronze Member
  • Got that problem off my chest :) (pun intended)
Im 19 years old and basically a small framed guy whose just 165cm tall and weighing about 55kg. The real problem is that I carry mostly all my body fat around my stomach and chest area and it looks like i have a gut and makes my gyno look worse! BLAME GENETICS! LOL!

I dont know if I should try to shed weight or not since im already quite light and don't want to become unhealthy.

Dr. Pope has posted a reply saying that in order to correct my condition ill need lipo aswell, but if i lose more weight will that ensure a better result for me?
Because im expecting to have the procedure done within a month and if losing weight will guarantee a better outcome id rather post-pone it.

Check out my post here and the pic attached,
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15947.0

Yeah, genetics suck d*ck. I'm the same way bro, except I dont have too much body fat, just really skinny. If I were you, I'd go on a lean bulk diet/exercise, if you're looking to loose the gut and maybe build a little muscle. Keep the calories a little above maintainance, keep protein intake high, carbs moderate and low fat. Weightlift a few times a week followed by a 20-25 min cardio session right after lifting (take a protein shake before cardio). This might help loose the gut. Throw in good chest exercises like bench press, dumbell flys, etc, they really get your chest shaped out. Keep reps low and weight high. If you're looking to tone your chest out more, do less weight and more reps. I seen your pics and you honestly don't look like you have a gut at all.
R.I.P. Gyno 2004-2009 :) Good Riddance. Pics here: http://s714.photobucket.com/albums/ww150/Cole1992/

Offline Revelation

• Posting Member
  • Trapped!
You are skinny-Fat, you are underweight yet have good amount of fat on you, that's probably because you eat alot of Chocolates and other bad carbs.

Your only solution is to hit the gym, and workout hard, your body will change in 6month-9month time.

Goodluck

Offline haisook

• Bronze Member
  • Hormones Deranged.
Scientific Fact:

The first two places targeted by fat in men is:

- Chest
- Stomach

:)

It's not genetics. It's the way we are.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 04:23:08 PM by haisook »
I'm a medical student with gynecomastia. Yeah, medical professionals get it too.

Offline comrau00

Thank you, this is good news for other visitors

pret personnel enligne - Pret personnel en ligne et de

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024