Author Topic: 6 Weeks Post Op: Considering Revision - Opinions Please  (Read 3446 times)

Offline impervious

• Posting Member
I'm seriously considering asking my PS to do more lypo. I have a large muscular chest, but can still pinch a signficant amount of fat/gyne. There's a minor change to the shape. I appreciate my doc's conservative approach, but I'm not happy.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 10:48:33 PM by impervious »

Offline impervious

• Posting Member
I can only pinch some on my right side while flexed.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 11:22:11 PM by impervious »

Offline darknips2

• Bronze Member
wow your chest  looked  GREAT b4 the surgery --- but guess u saw something we didn't..  what exactly are u trying to accomplish with these surgeries?    Are u trying to go for  a completely  FLAT no defintion type chest with no contour?...  U had a great muscular  chest BEFORE and most men would kill to have had a chest like yours (in the  BEFORE pics).... so its just a little confusing as to what "look"   u r going for

Offline MSJ108

I think your chest looks fine man....

Offline impervious

• Posting Member
You're right, I can understand why my before looks better as I worked out right up to the day of surgery. The after pics are the effects of a poor diet and not working out during recovery.  Ideally, I'd really like to have a better contour and less "jiggling." I honestly feel my chest is disproportionate to the rest of my body size. I spent nearly $8K to go to the best, but not as happy as i'd like to be. Here are before pics taken by me.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 11:29:04 PM by impervious »

Offline impervious

• Posting Member
or maybe i'm so f'd up from the years torment and shame that my perception is off...

Offline Twin Peaks

• Silver Member
I'm basically in the same situation as you.  Firstly, give the results a lot more time.  I'm over 7 months out and am still dealing with scar tissue. Second, get yourself back into the gym and you'll be feeling a lot better about everything.  I'm quickly learning that the whole recovery process isn't over in a matter of a couple of months..it's going to take a lot longer than that (for me at least).

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
Impervious.  Take those two "great chest remarks" as compliments.  My chest is similar to yours and I know exactly what you see when you look down.  You have the concave in the middle that when you poke your T-Shirt in it looks deep...You know what I mean.  If you took a pic of you sitting it may look much different and the commentators would understand what you have gone through.  I don't think somebody goes to surgery, pays all the money, and does this crazy process because they just want to look a little better.  You want to stop the pain, and I understand.  Why, because right now I am revovering from my surgery I just had this morning.  My chest is big all around like yours, I am 6' 5" with a large frame and about 20lbs overweight.  When I stand up hold my arms back and take a pic of my whole body it does not look like I have a gyne problem.  But when I stand at ease and just take a pic of my gyne it looks bad especially if my nips are not hard.  My chest on a small man would look like a huge gyne problem, but because my large frame a full size shot--my whole body included--does not truly depict the problem.    Also I bet anything you have some slim or maybe not so slim friends who look like they just have nipples on their chest nothing more, that is not the best person for us to compare or situation to, but who am I to talk--I compared to it all the time when I was younger.

Like Bambu says--and he is right--if you think you have it, the pain is equally as bad. 

PS:  I know money is tight, but you may or may not not want to go with that same doc. (you need six months befory you pass judgement--find stories on here about changes with time)  Some doc's are more agressive than others.  For example compare pics from others doctors and you will see a theme in many of their surgery results.  Bermant, Jacobs, Delgado, Kardis ect., ect.......

Offline impervious

• Posting Member
good points. I'm going to continue excercising and dieting over the next 6 months to see what happens... Thanks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024