Author Topic: Is This Gyno?  (Read 2510 times)

Offline tryingtogetfit

• Posting Member
I have been overweight my whole life.

I have been particularly unhappy with the fat on my chest.
Embarassed, hateful...blah blah you guys know the drill.

Anyways...I have recently lost 60lbs since 01/01/09 per my New Years Resolution.

I was 285lbs...I am down to 224lbs. FYI: I am 6'6.

My chest has gone from 48", down to 42.5". I am contributing 90% of that to back fat that I have lost.

I cant seem to shrink the chest fat. I still have about 30lbs to go with my weight loss...I am trying to get to the 190's...being 6'6...I dont really want to go any lighter...I want to be muscular too.

anyways...here are the pics of my chest....stretched, and then not stretched.

Basically...my quesiton is...after I have lost another 15-20lbs of fat..will my chest be flat? Or do I have a case of Gyno that will allow my chest never to be flat....?

FYI: my waist is a 32, my legs are very muscular NO FAT on them, and my arms/back/neck/butt are also fat free...the only fat left on my body...is on my belly and chest...so losing 20lbs+ more...SHOULD pull it from those areas...correct me if I am wrong...otherwise..where would the fat come from if I dont have any stored anywhere else???

Pictures::::

Stretched:

Also note....NO tenderness, no puffy nipples, no soreness...nothing of that nature...I do feel glandular-like tissue or fat under the skin, but it does not feel like "marbles"...or "pea-sized lumps" as usually described. It feel like fatty tissue...pretty much 99% of how my belly feels underneath the skin.

So is it fat? Will it shrink down and get flat as I dip down to 12-13% BF?...I am 17.6% BF now.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 02:37:53 PM by tryingtogetfit »

Offline kingboob

Seems like you have a fair bit of baggy skin from rapid weight loss...... it may tighten up naturally over time, but in my opinion you may need a bit of surgical help to sort the chest out.

Are you using a digital bodyfat monitor to get tha 17% reading?  Because you look higher than that to me.....you look pretty skinny but quite fat (skinny-fat), with very little muscle mass, probably caused by such rapid weight loss, as it is pretty much impossible to drop weight that fast without losing muscle as well as fat.

I am 6ft 5.5 here and I weigh about 264 (If my conversion is right), overall  you are slimmer yeah, but less muscular.... but there isn't a huge difference  (my chest is 41'' for instance) and I know my BF is at least 24%, so unless your legs are like match sticks I would question the accuracy of the method of body fat measurement you are using. (no offense intended)

I am trying to lose a bit of weight stil but I could never imagine being 190lbs, that is practically underweight for someone our height.  I mean 6'6 and 190, you could blow over in a strong breeze and would probably be weak as a kitten.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 01:20:32 AM by kingboob »

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg

Yes gyno's there. Surgery seems to be the solution in your case too. Losing weight won't do anything.

Offline tryingtogetfit

• Posting Member
so unless your legs are like match sticks I would question the accuracy of the method of body fat measurement you are using. (no offense intended)

Just a small rebuttle on this comment....I snapped a few pics for you...Not just of the legs, but also the rest of my body...to show that fat is pretty much only stored now, in my mid section and chest. My legs are thin and muscular, my arms are pretty much only muscle..Ive lost 60lbs, and 90% of it seems to be everywhere but my torso....here are some more pix...:

My legs are much like "match sticks"...

I am 223lbs as of yesterday...

If I lose 25lbs MORE...you're telling me NONE of it will come off my chest?

Call me naive, but that seems unrealistic...considering my chest feels like 100% fat.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 05:07:24 PM by tryingtogetfit »

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Rarely is the breast composed of either fatty or glandular tissue without the other. The only sure way to determine how much of each is (or was) present is to ask the surgeon after the procedure is done.

It is usually thought that glandular tissue is more firm while fatty tissue tends to be soft. This comparison does not hold up however and can be misleading. Sometimes even a skilled surgeon cannot reliably be certain before the surgery.
Grandpa Dan

Offline kingboob

so unless your legs are like match sticks I would question the accuracy of the method of body fat measurement you are using. (no offense intended)

Just a small rebuttle on this comment....I snapped a few pics for you...Not just of the legs, but also the rest of my body...to show that fat is pretty much only stored now, in my mid section and chest. My legs are thin and muscular, my arms are pretty much only muscle..Ive lost 60lbs, and 90% of it seems to be everywhere but my torso....here are some more pix...:

I am 223lbs as of yesterday...

If I lose 25lbs MORE...you're telling me NONE of it will come off my chest?

Call me naive, but that seems unrealistic...considering my chest feels like 100% fat.

Yep, I apologise...... you DO have legs like match sticks :o   if you lose 25lbs yes some of it will come of your chest, but dude you already look skinny, losing another 25lbs is going to put you borderline under weight........ please ignore BMI calculators because they are a waste of time, especially for tall people or people who work out a lot.

Seeing your overall body pictures makes me change my mind to be honest,  I think you just have really bad loose skin from weight loss.  I think surgery is going to be the only option for the chest at least.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024