Author Topic: Intro from Southern California  (Read 2691 times)

Offline Gyno-more

• Posting Member
Just found this site after doing a Google Search this afternoon.  Lots of good info that I've just started to read.  I'm 35 and I've had this since puberty.  I weigh 250 and was in the Marines for over ten years.  When I graduated Boot Camp I was 180 and it was even a problem then.  My wife recently had a tummy tuck and that has inspired me to look into this surgery.  I made an appt at Kaiser this evening so hopefully I'll get a referral to a PS.  I'll post more later.  Thanks in advance.

Offline Gyno-more

• Posting Member
Just got back from the Doctor (Kaiser in Riverside).  He ordered Chest X-Rays, Bloodwork and a Mammogram.  X-Ray is done, bllod and Mammogram tomorrow.  He kept asking me about Steroids - he didnt believe me when I said no (I'm muscular but nowhere near "bodybuilder" physique).  We'll see what happens.

Offline ozymandias

• Posting Member
Hey man,

Glad to hear you are pursuing this.  I'm also in SoCal looking into getting surgery next month.  So far I have consulted two PS, with two more to go.  When it comes to this procedure, there are only a handful of surgeons who do enough of them regularly to have great expertise.  Don't necessarily go with whoever Kaiser sets you up with...

Eagerly looking forward to your updates!

Offline Gyno-more

• Posting Member
Thanks Ozy.  I had the Mammogram today - the tech was very nice and new I was abit uncomfortable as men getting mammograms are quite rare.  She said "you lift weights, huh" and I responded that I used to alot and still do, but not near as much as I need to.  They automatically assume it's steroids that caused it. 

Who have you been for your consults with and what prices have you been quoted (if you don't mind me asking).  My wife got her surgery from Dr Kelly Gallegos in Corona (surgery performed in Irvine) and she couldn't be happier.  She went for a follow-up and asked him about my gyno and he said he's be happy to do a consult and gave her a Ballpark figure of 3k.  I will definately get some consults before I let Kaiser do anything - just wanted to get the ball rolling.

Offline Gyno-more

• Posting Member
Okay - Did the blood work this morning.  That's all 3 test/exams done - follow-up appt on Monday w/primary Doc.  Just gotta convince him that it needs to be done so Kaiser will cover it.

Offline Gyno-more

• Posting Member
Back from Doctor - Mammogram was "inconclusive" so an ultrasound has been ordered and a referral to a Surgeon will follow.  Seems like I'm heading in the right direction (I'm pretty happy since I just started this journey on Wednesday).  My Doctor, unfamiliar with Gyno, said it is something that my be able to be drained.  It would be nice if it were that simple, but we'll see what the Surgeon has to say and how the Ultrasound comes out.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024