Author Topic: So this is me, 18/Is it gyne? Really worried  (Read 4511 times)

Offline Hatemychest

• Posting Member
I know I know, another, "Is it gyne" post, but I think its good people are doing it to find out.
Okay if you remember me I was kinda ticked that I thought I had gyne. But I need your advice, Is this gyne or not.  Im really desperate to know . . . I think I have puffy nipples too. :-[ ALSO NOTICE THE STRECH MARKS ON MY SHOULDERS! Is that from the gyne or just an increase in muscle in my shoulders. I have worked out a bit at school, so im guessing thats whats caused it. But Im thinking that the gyne could have caused it too. cause the working out didnt make that much of a difference.
http://ruhe1986.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album01

« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 11:29:49 PM by Hatemychest »

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
I'm not an expert, but I'd say yes, there is gyne as far as I can tell. Either from the front or from the side, it looks obvious to me.
When did you notice you had gyne ? How long ago ?

Offline Hatemychest

• Posting Member
Well I woke up one day like my sophmore year and noticed something funky was going on with my chest. But really ignored it until this year. Alot of people dont think its THAT bad. But it is bad to me. I have to look at my body everyday. When I went to florida I took my shirt off and it was so cold, everyone was like, YOU COMPLAIN TO MUCH!! They look like pecks! I was thinking, yeah if this water was about 10 degress warmer you would say something different. lol. It Looks bad to me, when I brought it up to my parents they were like, "Its not GYNE! You just need to build up your chest." now they wont listen to me at all. They say Im lazy and just need to work out. But look at my overall bodyfat . . . come one. Im pretty skinny. Im told all the time if I worked out my body would be hot. But would I just be waisting my time if these boobs are always going to be there? So is it just flab? or something I should worry about?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 11:27:35 PM by Hatemychest »

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
I'd really like to say NO you don't have gyne... But for me, it is pretty obvious that there is gyne.
However, I wouldn't say it is bad. Do you take any medecine that could explain it ? Because if I understood well, your gyne is quite recent in time. Don't you find any reasons that could explain it ?

Offline Hatemychest

• Posting Member
Well the only medical problem I have had in between now and my sophmore year was I had a thyroglosal duct cyst they had to remove. (a cyst about on top of my voice box, but not on my thyroid, remnant of the thyroid that got infected) it was a very painful experience after the surgery. I was only in bed for 2 days, but after 2 weeks or so I was fine. They gave me one medication, but I dont remember what it was. But I saw the gyne before that incident. So It couldt have been that.

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
Hi again !
Indeed, it can be that, but you said you had gyne before your surgery...  :-/So, I don't know if it is that but it could be a cause... If you don't want to see a doctor for that, the best way is to have a search on the net about the operation you had to undergo, its side effects for example. I don't know what you think. ???
Keep in touch

Offline ensiferum

• Posting Member
Yeah, another gyne case. Worst part IMHO, yours looks pretty feminine.  :-[

Especially in the soft lighting,
http://ruhe1986.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album01&id=100_2451

Looks almost erotic  ;D
Surgery on 11th of May. *gulp*

Offline Spleen

It looks like you do have a moderate case.  It's impossible to say how much of it is fat or gland, and really it's kind of irrelevant.  The first step most folks take is to talk to an endocrinologist who is a doctor that specializes in hormonal issues.  They'll check you out to rule out any hormonal problems.  Once you've made it past that you have a few options.  There might be some drugs that can help, and surgery has a good history of success.  Or you can just live with it.  Your call.  It ain't the end of the world and you do have a few ways to try to resolve it.

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
I really feel for you mate, at your age looking "different" can be hell. I'd reckon there is a good chance you have some gyne there, but at your age there is a chance it will disperse naturally.

If there is glandular tissue there it will not be affected in any way by working out, other than it then sitting on top of a larger chest.

In any event you must get your hormones checked before considering surgery. Recurrence is unusual after surgery, but more likely if the underlying cause has not been addressed. This is even more important in your case as you have already had problems with your endocrine system.

Get some qualified medical advice!
Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
u have some extra fat under there i have to say yes u have it but it can be better get the surgery.
i finally feel like im a man

Offline Hatemychest

• Posting Member
ALMOST EROTIC! Yikes  :o
Thats something I didnt need to hear. God I cant afford this myself. I live in a reallt rual area and the nearest doctor for hormonal problems would be like 100-300 miles away in St. Louis. My parents are NOT going to even consider it. They think Im overexagerating already. And obviously, Im not.

Offline tenncast

• Silver Member
You probably have something happening...you don't look too bad.

What does it look like with a shirt on. I had surgery at age 40 and was worse than you. Don't freak out. you have some time to see what happens and then have surgery if you need it.

How old are you?

Offline Hatemychest

• Posting Member
I'm 18, and it depends on the shirt. If its like really tight. Like those vintage clothes everyone is wearing then I cant do it, but if its semiloose or button up Im fine. Im kinda tall so whenever I stand up straight they kinda hango over if the shirt is too loose and this outline of my breasts go all the way down the length of the shirt. Making it obvious something is wrong . . . but most of the time people dont notice it. As a singer, one day (as much of a fart in the wind it is) I hope to become famous. I used to model and I plan on doing it again, but I cant as long as I have these. This is my major issue. See what I mean. I need to work out too, but I dont want to if Im going to have Breasts!

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
I can understand your anger. Obviously, you are face to face with a wall of misunderstanding (your parents). I think they don't know what is gynecomastia like and therefore, for them, what you claim to have is pure imagination and obsession...
What more can I say ? As Tenncat said, "you have some time to see what happens and then have surgery if you need it. ". But for the time being, you want that removed...  :-/ I do understand you mate !  it's not easy to accept that at 18 ! In fact, you must tell yourself that there is worse on earth ...  Do not despair !

Offline bassplayer

• Silver Member
am i wrong or cant you get a blood test and look for hormones? i dunno then call someone on the results or something look online or i bet somewhere could tell you

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024