Author Topic: Rate/Guidance  (Read 3672 times)

Offline theprodikalson

• Posting Member
  I am 22 years old and have had Gynecomastia since around 13.  It has made my teenage years unique to say the least.  I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason and in some aspects I am grateful to have this condition.  It created a great need to be physically fit, and has driven me to develop proper management of my finances to one day excise the glands on my chest.  Juggling between paying for tuition and general costs of living, getting the surgery has moved up the list as my 23rd birthday approaches.  I sometimes feel as if I am waiting for it to be done to live the rest of my life. 

I apologize for my lack of brevity.  This is my first time, and place, that I have openly been able to speak about my condition and know that someone will truly be able to empathize with me.  I would like an honest rating of my gynecomastia. 

Secondly, I am a NYC resident looking outside my state and possibly country for more affordable prices.  I have had a few consultations and the lowest price I could find was 6000.  I was told by my General Doctor that any board certified surgeon that did breast procedures should be able to remedy my problem.  So I am reaching out to everyone who has done the procedure with a good doctor for an affordable price, and advice on if spending the extra money for someone who specializes in gynecomastia is truly necessary

Thanks a million for any input anyone has

Peace and Love

Offline theprodikalson

• Posting Member
Side angle

Offline krucial

• Bronze Member
yep! looks like a slight bit of geino... consult a surgeon, if you have the money. Im sure this will be life changing procedure...consider yourself pretty lucky man, because your case is smaller than many other!you can probably wear all clothing and still get by comfortable.

Offline myth77

• Posting Member
dude to be honest i would give you a 3.5/10

Offline KAG

• Posting Member
You don't look too bad but saying that doesn't change a single thing. Mine is much worse than yours and honestly its hell dealing with it.

I would choose your surgeon wisely, be sure its someone who has done at least 50 of these operations. You can't imagine the trouble and stress you will encounter if things are not done properly. You think your life is hell now try after surgery  getting a poor result fixed! Good Luck

Offline KAG

• Posting Member
All doctors take pictures before and after, ask to see them...........

DrBermant

I am 22 years old and have had Gynecomastia since around 13.  It has made my teenage years unique to say the least.  I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason and in some aspects I am grateful to have this condition.  It created a great need to be physically fit, and has driven me to develop proper management of my finances to one day excise the glands on my chest.  Juggling between paying for tuition and general costs of living, getting the surgery has moved up the list as my 23rd birthday approaches.  I sometimes feel as if I am waiting for it to be done to live the rest of my life. 

I apologize for my lack of brevity.  This is my first time, and place, that I have openly been able to speak about my condition and know that someone will truly be able to empathize with me.  I would like an honest rating of my gynecomastia. 

Secondly, I am a NYC resident looking outside my state and possibly country for more affordable prices.  I have had a few consultations and the lowest price I could find was 6000.  I was told by my General Doctor that any board certified surgeon that did breast procedures should be able to remedy my problem.  So I am reaching out to everyone who has done the procedure with a good doctor for an affordable price, and advice on if spending the extra money for someone who specializes in gynecomastia is truly necessary

Thanks a million for any input anyone has

Here is a post I made about how to pick a gynecomastia surgeon:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16474.0

All doctors take pictures before and after, ask to see them...........

Unfortunately that is just not true. I see many unhappy patients that tell me that there were no pictures done before surgery by their surgeons. Picture taking is manditory for Plastic Surgeons when we take our oral boards. Some choose not to continue to document their work. Other patients have come from doctors who were not trained as plastic surgeons.

I have always found that picture taking helps me document the problem, solution, and has been a constant tool (as well with before and after video) to help me improve my techniques over many years.  I also use before pictures to help my patients' emotional healing process as you can see on the picture on the link below.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You appear to be an excellent candidate for gyne surgery -- young, healthy and indeed you do have a moderate case of gyne.

I would caution you to choose a surgeon very carefully -- the best chance for optimal success is the first operation.  I am sure you have read many sad stories on this forum in which men have had to go for revision surgery -- and revision surgery is always playing catch-up.

Best advice is to go to a plastic surgeon and one who has a large experience in gyne surgery.  This surgery is tricky -- not as simple as one might assume.  A surgeon must know how much to remove and how much to leave -- that is the artistry of the operation. 

Consult several surgeons and choose the one with whom you are most comfortable and confident. 

Finally, you have waited a long time to have the surgery.  Don't jeopardize the potential result by choosing your doctor based on fee alone.  Remember, you will enjoy the results of your surgery for a long time -- and long after the original fee is forgotten.  The fee, while important,  should be the least of your considerations in the choice of a doctor.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline KWS86

• Bronze Member
Do it bro! Mild or not, if it truely bothers you then don't hesitate. Save your money and do your homework on a surgeon. I'm 22 as well and I'm one week post-op. I'll be posting updated pics later on this week.

Here's my thread: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19053.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024