Author Topic: to the doctors. pics of me 5 days post operation.(liposuction only)  (Read 5093 times)

Offline christof1

• Posting Member

hey guys, i am 5"9 160 pounds. 18 years old. i just had liposuction done on my chest 5 days ago by dr. michael elam. he removed 400 cc from my chest. i wanted him to remove the glandular tissue but he said that it would cause my nipple to cave in or deform. he said there is a risk of that because i you take out the tissue there is no support and that it would be better if i remove the fat around the chest. will my chest look alot better after all the bruising and swelling? how much smaller do you think it will become?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121936091

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i'm not a doc, but i think they would normally be a little cautious about passing judgments on gyne ops based on photos. 

however i didn't see the after pics on that link, just the before.  did i miss something?  can you identify a post number or something? 

dr's are usually conservative about concavity too, but it's often possible for a good ps to do cosmetic work to get around that, many will still do the excision because a lot of people aren't satisfied without it, you'll have to decide that for yourself in a while.  in the meantime, yes, don't get too put off by the bruising and swelling, as it's a common effect, particularly of lipo ops.  it might be possible to do better, but don't jump the gun, it could even be a few months till you're close to final results for this.   
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline christof1

• Posting Member

how bad do you think my gyno case is?

those two pics i posted are just after pics. 5 days after lipo surgery. the reason i am asking is because there isnt much of a difference from the before and after pics. is this because it only has been 5 days? will my chest decrease alot in size as the swellin goes down?

DrBermant

those two pics i posted are just after pics. 5 days after lipo surgery. the reason i am asking is because there isnt much of a difference from the before and after pics. is this because it only has been 5 days? will my chest decrease alot in size as the swellin goes down?

5 days can be very early after surgery with some techniques. 

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures can help other better understand your concerns.

Early after surgery swelling can mask residual deformity.  However, puffy nipples at 5 days are not a good start. I do not finish a case until the chest is flat. 

How Tissues Evolve After Gynecomastia Surgery depend on many factors. Firm tissues after surgery can be residual gland, but also can just be healing tissues or scars.  Different surgical techniques injure tissues to different degrees.  The body typically needs to heal before considering revision surgery. Rushing into secondary surgery can be a mistake unless there are complications that need to be addressed or the next surgery is component of a staged procedure.  Time to tissues softening can vary depending on the original problem, what was done, after surgery care,
Scar Care, After Surgery Compression Garments, and many other factors. Options depend on the problem to be treated. Time can range from 6 months to a year but can vary depending on many issues best explored with your doctor.

I see many patients who complain of residual Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia after another doctor's surgery.  There are many possible problems causing such a deformity.  The most common is remaining gland behind the areola as seen in these Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Drawings.  Check out the images with the link for remaining gland after surgery to see what I mean. 

Liposuction is great for fat, but does not do well for gland at all.  As shown in the anatomy link, there are usually fingers of gland between fingers of fat.  Liposuction no matter what technique (sharp cutting cannula, specially designed cannula, ultrasonic, laser, or "smart") targets the fat first.  Remove the fat and the gland remains behind condensing the fingers making a firm mass.  Even if the doctor achieves a flatter chest, that firm mass does not look like fat, move like fat, or compress like fat.  It just does not move well or look good (especially on animation).  That is why few doctors will show results with chest muscles tightened or arms up over the head or movies showing the tissues in motion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia Chest Sculpture

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Five days is much, much to early in the healing process.  There is a lot of swelling at these early stages and it would be foolish to try to guess what the final result will look like -- or to judge whether the surgeon did or did not remove sufficient tissue.

Suggest you relax, follow your surgeon's instructions and do not spend needless time worrying about something that may never come to pass. Worrying gives you gray hair (take it from one who has been there!)  The final result may take 4-6 months to be seen -- you can pass judgment at that time.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i can't say because i didn't see any before pics, though that side view looked to me kind of like a before pic.  i can only figure you have some pretty serious swelling, which is even worse after lipo only because you're leaving more tissue intact and damaged, so i would expect it to swell more and possibly develop more scar tissue, which is why i've never personally been a fan of lipo only.

again, like they said, you really can't predict final results until later out.  for what it's worth though, i have seen many people say the initial swelling was close to as bad as the original, so take a deep breath and don't panic, it's just going to be too early to tell.  
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 11:31:28 PM by headheldhigh01 »

osmannica2001

in my experience, liposuction did not work for me. I had to get a second surgery to completely remove the gland. To me, your pictures looks like if you still have a gland left in your breast.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024