Author Topic: Super Severe Saggy Case - 60 Day P90X results  (Read 6954 times)

Offline MAXIMUS96

• Posting Member
Height - 6'3''

Day 1 Weight - 330

Day 30 Weight - 307

Day 60 Weight - 285

Goal 220 lbs, sub 12% Body fat = Surgery Time!!!!
I can't wait to get rid of these MONSTROSITIES!!!
I'm on track to get there by years end.

My chest/upper body workouts are giving me improvements in the upper chest/traps, but as I figured, as I lose weight, the sagging is even more apparent. I am damn near ready to cut these bastards off my self!! AAARGH!!!!! the doctors have said i have to wait til i get to my goal weight, So I work out hard and eat clean with a chip on my shoulder the size of  Boulder Colorado.

The 2nd pic shows some improvement in the upper pec, no love for the problem areas.
The bottom pic is how I wished it looked...once u look beneath, it's all shot to hell.  lol.

honestly, have u guys seen a more severe case out there?
I have scoured the net, and don't think i have. another chip on my shoulder to fuel me in my workouts......

« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 12:39:34 PM by MAXIMUS96 »

Offline ivanvaldez79

• Posting Member
the p90x must be an intense workout huh? do u need any equipment to do it??....u could see definition in ur shoulders and trap muscle!! keep up the hard work!!

Offline MAXIMUS96

• Posting Member
yeah It's pretty intense, I like it cause it has a great schedule/structure to it.

Basically, you just need these things-

either weights/resistance bands...
workout/yoga mat
push up bars help for pushups
pull up bar on the door, or resistance bands
 TV-DVD player-Room to work out!

Thats it. It's great for people in shape who wanna get ripped, people who wanna lose weight, or someone looking to add some muscle, it's great. highly recommend trying it out!

Offline thetodd

So are you going to be operated on when you get to a certain weight?

keep on going good luck!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Good luck with your P90X regimen -- I have seen some impressive results with it!

One word of reality, however.  Since you have been obese, your skin will have stretched out.  Future surgery to improve your chest will, by necessity, require much more surgery to remove the lax, stretched out skin and to re-position the nipples in a more normal location.

Take your time and choose your surgeon carefully.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

Height - 6'3''

Day 1 Weight - 330

Day 30 Weight - 307

Day 60 Weight - 285

Goal 220 lbs, sub 12% Body fat = Surgery Time!!!!
I can't wait to get rid of these MONSTROSITIES!!!
I'm on track to get there by years end.

My chest/upper body workouts are giving me improvements in the upper chest/traps, but as I figured, as I lose weight, the sagging is even more apparent. I am damn near ready to cut these bitches off my self!! AAARGH!!!!! the doctors have said i have to wait til i get to my goal weight, So I work out hard and eat clean with a chip on my shoulder the size of  Boulder Colorado.

The 2nd pic shows some improvement in the upper pec, no love for the problem areas.
The bottom pic is how I wished it looked...once u look beneath, it's all shot to hell.  lol.

honestly, have u guys seen a more severe case out there?
I have scoured the net, and don't think i have. another chip on my shoulder to fuel me in my workouts......

Congratulations on your weight loss!  Does it not feel much better with that weight off?  45 pounds is a significant amount of weight loss!

That you are tracking both weight and Body Fat Analysis is quite important.

Weight Loss Can help with the fat of gynecomastia, but not the gland. Remaining fat, gland, and sometimes the skin can be residual contour concerns.

From the image shown, you have a major amount of chest ptosis or drooping. Standard Pictures to Show Gynecomastia and Loose Skin Issues After Weight Loss. Some are able to lose weight and not have a loose skin component.  This is not a black and white defined issue, but one of grays and subtleties. It can take from 6 to 18 months after massive weight loss for the skin to catch up as much as it can.

Weight loss before surgery is usually much better than weight loss after surgery. Weight loss is a coarse tool, Plastic Surgery is better reserved for refinement. This is especially true when tissue sagging is a factor.  Why lift sagging tissue, lose more weight, and see that tissue sag again from further deflation? 

Weight loss and surgical sculpture is a series of compromises. What suites any one individual will vary.  Ideal sequence that I recommend my patients:

• Get to a weight you are comfortable living with.
  • Let the skin adjust as much as it will. It can take from 6 to 18 months for skin equilibration after a gastric bypass and major weight loss.
  • After Massive Weight Loss, Consider Tightening Lower Tissues First. There is little sense to lift the chest and then have a tummy tuck, lower the chest result, requiring a revision chest lift.
  • Then Address the Chest.
  • Use No Surgery Body Shaping Garments as emotional support not to rush the process.

Bouncing redundant flesh also can be a major emotional factor stressing any patient trying to lose weight.  That is why I posted Videos of Compression Garments dealing with gynecomastia and stabilization.

The remaining fat and sagging can be stressful for a work in progress, being patient, finishing off the weight loss first is a better option.

Once you get to your final form, choice of surgeon is critical. Skin Reduction Chest Lift in Men is an art form. Not all surgeons have the same skills. Look for many before / after surgery pictures / video to see what that particular surgeon techniques result look like.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Drooping Tissues

Offline kingboob

Your case is quite similar to what mine was............ I think mine were bigger though.......... Obesity being the main problem for me as well.

Nothing is impossible........... however I would think it unlikely that your skin will shrink back enough to avoid having some kind of skin excision surgery......... basically a good surgeon can cut out the excess and raise the nipples and reduce areola size as well....  scarring is unavoidable really......... possibly a good surgeon could work the surgery to help remove some of the underarm or 'side boob' area as well.

I was approx 480lb... got down to around 235lb,  I'm at about 264 right now but trying to gradually work my way back down to 230-240ish without getting excess skin again....... so it can be done.

Offline MAXIMUS96

• Posting Member
Guys and Docs, thanks for the words of support and advice. It will certainly be a decision I will thoroughly research and carefully make in regards to the surgeon.

Just from the research I had done, I have pretty much come to grips with the fact the major skin recession/removal will likely be necessary, which means I'll have to deal with those massive scars where the skin was removed, underneath the pec muscle. I've seen some of those cases, I can live with that.

I'm hoping I can build enough muscle in the pec to have a small amount of hanging skin cover it. You know how really muscular chests have that slight hanging contour, vs. super flat chests which are very flat even at the bottom? Maybe it will end up like that, if not, anything is better than the looseness and bouncing I am experiencing now, when I am not wearing my compression tank top.

And to respond to Dr. Bermant's remarks about having a tummy tuck at the same time I have the Gynecomastia surgery, I have thought about that as well. Now my stomach, I have seen great improvements in, in just 60 days. If I can get it to a level I can live with, we'll see. If the skin in the abdomen and love handle area is also loose and unbearable after I have hit my target weight/body fat %, then I better start saving more cash so I can knock out two birds with one stone. Who would have thought a big bodyguard/bouncer guy would turn into one of the freakin housewives of orange county? lol. (do the words tummy tuck and bodyguard even sound right in the same sentence...?)

Kingboob, I'd like to see some pictures of your chest, pre and post OP, can u post some? Great job with your weight loss, and thanks--

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Good luck with your weight loss program -- you certainly have a great start.

Plastic surgeons all over the country are now seeing patients who have lost substantial amounts of weight.  Although the exact pattern of weight loss is extremely variable, one thing holds true:  there will be lots of stretched out, hanging skin and a few stubborn pockets of fat.

With patients such as yourself with MWL (massive weight loss), it is ideal to be stable at your lowest possible weight for about one year or so.  This will give your metabolism a chance to stabilize, etc.

Then consult several reputable plastic surgeons for their opinions. 

Oh, by the way, each of these operations (chest, abdomen, perhaps the arms or thighs) will be a major, significant operation.  It truly isn't safe to consider several procedures at one time.

Best of luck with your exercise and weight loss program.

Dr Jacobs

DrBermant

Guys and Docs, thanks for the words of support and advice. It will certainly be a decision I will thoroughly research and carefully make in regards to the surgeon.

Just from the research I had done, I have pretty much come to grips with the fact the major skin recession/removal will likely be necessary, which means I'll have to deal with those massive scars where the skin was removed, underneath the pec muscle. I've seen some of those cases, I can live with that.

I'm hoping I can build enough muscle in the pec to have a small amount of hanging skin cover it. You know how really muscular chests have that slight hanging contour, vs. super flat chests which are very flat even at the bottom? Maybe it will end up like that, if not, anything is better than the looseness and bouncing I am experiencing now, when I am not wearing my compression tank top.

And to respond to Dr. Bermant's remarks about having a tummy tuck at the same time I have the Gynecomastia surgery, I have thought about that as well. Now my stomach, I have seen great improvements in, in just 60 days. If I can get it to a level I can live with, we'll see. If the skin in the abdomen and love handle area is also loose and unbearable after I have hit my target weight/body fat %, then I better start saving more cash so I can knock out two birds with one stone. Who would have thought a big bodyguard/bouncer guy would turn into one of the freakin housewives of orange county? lol. (do the words tummy tuck and bodyguard even sound right in the same sentence...?)

Kingboob, I'd like to see some pictures of your chest, pre and post OP, can u post some? Great job with your weight loss, and thanks--

We see many men after major weight loss who then need to deal with resulting loose skin issues.

Although some surgeons offer simultaneous lower and upper body contouring during one surgery session, I do not. Read my post more carefully. The lower surgery should be done first. Tissue then can adjust. Then perform the upper body surgery. Recovery this way is so much easier for my patients. My Tummy Tuck patients use their upper body to facilitate their recovery. My Male Mastopexy Chest Lift Surgery patients use their stomach and lower body to help with recovery. Check out the details of those extensive sections of my website.

Being patient waiting for stabilization can be stressful, but so many have told me how much better they felt after the process.

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline MAXIMUS96

• Posting Member
Dr. Bermant, Dr. Jacobs, thanks again for the insight, and reassurance.

I understand. If lower body/stomach work is needed, do it 1st. Heal, then address the upper body. Makes sense based on your description of how they relate, the muscles one needs to rely on as the other area heals, etc. Got it.

Thats the road I'll take. Of Course my main concern is the chest, I could probably live with some minor extra skin around the waist as long as I can get it relatively tight though ab work and diet.
The chest is just stubborn, I can already see that whether I achieved pecs like Arnold in the 80's, I'd still have horrific hanging, drooping and bouncing on the bottom portion of the chest that no pectoral development will fix.

It's been an issue since I was a child, even as young as 5 years old. Didn't go away as teen, and in my late 20's with significant weight gain it just got much worse.

I'm just ready to do what needs to be done to move past it, so I can go on with my life and move on to the next challenge. It's been a hindrance in my life long enough. In high school playing for the basketball team in the locker room, and "shirts vs skins" games always caused fights and namecalling. every girl i have dated since age 18 has wondered why I wear tight tank top undershirts...at all times..yes, at all times...I can remember all the way back to 1st grade when I changed my shirt in front of some other kids at school, and they all laughed and said "you have titties!!".
I'm finally taking the needed action to move on. Thanks again for the words of assistance and guidance.

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
    • https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22534.0
Them results are amazing well done mate going to hope on that myself see what i can do. :)
GYNECOMASTIA FREE SINCE: 11/04/2011

TO VIEW MY EXPERIENCE OF SURGERY WITH BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW

Offline MAXIMUS96

• Posting Member
Thanks Jakey, jump on it, it's a great workout plan!

The foods u eat are key, i'd say the workout is 30%, the diet is 70%.

Make sure u find a good eating plan u can follow, u can live with and stick with, that will give u all the things u need; lots of protein, veggies, fruits, tons of water, and some good healthy carbs in moderation like whole wheat breads, pastas, etc.

Offline DudeInChiTown

• Posting Member
July 17..............Any updates..................

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024