Author Topic: Are My Nipples Too Low?  (Read 10374 times)

Offline Russian_blue

• Posting Member
I'm currently trying to lose some more weight, but I'm concerned that my nipples may be hanging below my pectoral muscles..
What do you think?
If so, I think I'm gonna have to drop 12,000 dollars on breast reduction, AND a lift.. Ugh.

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
I think if you lost some weight and were still unhappy about the contour of your chest, then typical gyne surgery would do the trick.

Of course I'm not surgeon. Have a consultation with a plastic surgeon to get an expert answer.

DrBermant

I'm currently trying to lose some more weight, but I'm concerned that my nipples may be hanging below my pectoral muscles..
What do you think?
If so, I think I'm gonna have to drop 12,000 dollars on breast reduction, AND a lift.. Ugh.

The male chest can be distorted by gland and fat of Gynecomastia Male Breast Enlargement. After weight loss, loose skin can also be a factor to different degrees. Drooping or Ptosis is a frequent problem after massive weight loss or deflation of massive muscles.   

Posting Standard Pictures to Show Male Chest Drooping after weight loss can help others better understand if the loose skin component is a factor.

Low Nipples Look Strange on the male chest and comes in many different degrees.  The lower edge of the areola should be at or above the lowest part of the pectoral muscle when upright. When sagging is significant, surgery can combine both the residual contours of gynecomastia and loose hanging tissues in a single sculpture.  Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Drooping Chest or Ptosis can consist of many different Surgical Options for Excess Skin of the Male Chest.  A Short Scar Skin Reduction Chest Lift hides the scars under the pectoral muscles and around the areola.  However, for more subtle problems, the compromise of leaving the loose skin alone can be a better option.

Finishing weight loss before surgery is usually much better than further weight loss after surgery. Weight loss is a coarse tool, Plastic Surgery is better reserved for refinement. This is especially true when tissue sagging is a factor.  Why lift sagging tissue, lose more weight, and see that tissue sag again from further deflation? 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Drooping and Ptosis

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024