Author Topic: 20 years old, 190cm, 80kg - Puffy nipples + gland  (Read 9441 times)

Offline Doodle

• Posting Member
Hey guys,

I have been to the local hospital a year back, they ran numerous blood-tests, hormone-tests a chromosome-test and even did a mammogram on me, but they couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.

The doctor informed me that all my tests came out perfectly healthy. My estrogen levels where normal, and my testosterone was even above average. Also, the mammogram didn't end up showing any glandular tissue at all, only fat.

Yet i am still quite skeptic, as when i thoroughly inspect myself i still do feel some hard tissue under the nipple. Could this just be a fat buildup?

I saved up the money together for a surgery, and im still in the process of finding a skilled, experienced and trustworthy surgeon within Europe. If anyone of you is in the same boat as me, i would be glad to exchange information about clinics that i found on the Internet or received from themselves.

What do you guys think of my case? Do you think i will be a good candidate for surgery? (pictures down below)

« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 05:47:12 AM by Doodle »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
1. I think you would be a good candidate for surgery
2. You have some gland as well as puffy nipples

Good luck -- choose your surgeon wisely!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg

Offline Doodle

• Posting Member
Thanks for your replies,

I have small concern though, as you can tell from the photo's, the skin of my nipples is quite ''stretched'' due to the puffiness. You can even see some cracks in the pigmentation if you look closely.

However, when its cold, or my nipples are stimulated in any other way, the seem perfectly normal and look good and compact. I wouldn't even be bothered by the glandular tissue if my nipples would look ''normal'' all the time, the puffy nipples are the main reason i am considering surgery.

That brings us to my concern, If i would have surgery, would it be realistic for me to hope that my nipples will ''shrink'' back to ''normal'' proportions. Or would the nipple remain ''stretched'' while its not stimulated. I really hope they wont, and its something i really worry about while planning the whole surgery thing. It would bum me out so bad if the nipples would remain puffy, or stretched, after having the tissue removed.

Thoughts? Experiences? I would really like some input from the surgeons on this board as well.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
No problem at all.  Every nipple will shrink -- spontaneously -- after gyne surgery.  Mother Nature takes care of that -- we don't have to do a thing.  In fact, it occurs while the operation is being performed -- so you wake up with smaller diameter areolas.  How much smaller?  Anywhere from 10-20% smaller.

Dr Jacobs

DrBermant

Hey guys,

I have been to the local hospital a year back, they ran numerous blood-tests, hormone-tests a chromosome-test and even did a mammogram on me, but they couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.

The doctor informed me that all my tests came out perfectly healthy. My estrogen levels where normal, and my testosterone was even above average. Also, the mammogram didn't end up showing any glandular tissue at all, only fat.

Yet i am still quite skeptic, as when i thoroughly inspect myself i still do feel some hard tissue under the nipple. Could this just be a fat buildup?

I saved up the money together for a surgery, and im still in the process of finding a skilled, experienced and trustworthy surgeon within Europe. If anyone of you is in the same boat as me, i would be glad to exchange information about clinics that i found on the Internet or received from themselves.

What do you guys think of my case? Do you think i will be a good candidate for surgery? (pictures down below)

You have Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia which will consist of fat, gland, and skin as you can see in these drawings of Puffy Nipple Anatomy. Not all doctors have the same skills. Checking before and after pictures of this variation of male chest contour is critical in surgeon selection. Check how to pick your gynecomastia surgeon:

I have small concern though, as you can tell from the photo's, the skin of my nipples is quite ''stretched'' due to the puffiness. You can even see some cracks in the pigmentation if you look closely.

However, when its cold, or my nipples are stimulated in any other way, the seem perfectly normal and look good and compact. I wouldn't even be bothered by the glandular tissue if my nipples would look ''normal'' all the time, the puffy nipples are the main reason i am considering surgery.

That brings us to my concern, If i would have surgery, would it be realistic for me to hope that my nipples will ''shrink'' back to ''normal'' proportions. Or would the nipple remain ''stretched'' while its not stimulated. I really hope they wont, and its something i really worry about while planning the whole surgery thing. It would bum me out so bad if the nipples would remain puffy, or stretched, after having the tissue removed.

Thoughts? Experiences? I would really like some input from the surgeons on this board as well.

Thanks in advance!

There is a thin Muscle just Under the Skin That Tightens and Shrinks Nipples when Stimulated. It is not practical to keep stimulating this muscle. However, targeting gland first with my Dynamic Technique can result in dramatic areola diameter changes. I have seen as much as 50% decrease when the gland is adherent across the extent of that areola muscle. That gland can tend to keep the areola enlarged as well as pushed out. That is why I prefer targeting the gland first. The degree of reduction varies based on technique and anatomy.  I measure the diameter of each of my patients' areola and projection under a standardized temperature before / after surgery. I am now showing my after surgery patients their original areola dimensions with a caliper showing what they have lost during surgery as part of my efforts in helping with the emotional healing component. It is quite a pleasure watching the expressions on their faces seeing the changes in the mirror while looking at their before surgery photos.

Here is one such example of my using the caliper only 6 days after surgery. The caliper is set at the before surgery measurement.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024