Author Topic: Weight Loss Journey So Far  (Read 4502 times)

Offline zado611

• Bronze Member
On Dec. 1, I decided to take a leap into a new lifestyle that would hopefully end up in a healthier and happier me. Its been 3 months since that defining moment.  I have been dieting by eating lots of vegetables, fruits, and baked meats and drinking 8 glasses of water everyday. All this while eliminating sodas, fried foods, chocolate, candy, and anything you can think of thats fattening and loaded with carbs.  So far I have lost 40 pounds going from 290 to 250. The results are showing up in my stomach however my chest is not really strinking that much at all. I believe that dieting is harder for those with Gynecomastia because you can easily discouraged when it seems your chest is getting bigger because your stomach is getting smaller. I have found this to be true because lately I've been getting depressed over the fact that it seems my chest is not budging which is the primary reason i went on a diet to loose some of this fat in my chest.  I just want to be able to enjoy normal everyday activities w/o having to worry about my chest constantly.  Maybe if i get down to a proper weight around 205 or so i will see where I'm @ and consider surgery. I went on this diet without doing the surgery first b/c the doctors on here were saying i needed to lose weight first, so I am taking their advice and hopefully it all turns out good. Has anybody had this happen to them? Tell me about it.

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
wow this is an inspiring story bro.. keep us updated.

I tried working very hard to achieve a very nice body. My friends noticed that I'm getting leaner and muscular that's why it feels really good, they even want to touch my chest 'coz they think that I have a perfectly sculpted chest. The thing is they don't know that I need to contract my upper chest muscles 1st so that they would feel a hard chest. It kinda bosst my self esteem a little bit. My chest became bigger as a result of working out wherein it doesn't look good anymore that's why I stopped working out. Too bad.

Good thing we have this thing called muscle memory so i could easily regain my muscle after surgery. :)

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
Congrats on the weight loss! That takes a lot of dedication to lose 40 pounds in only 3 months, and if no one has told you already, good job. Keep it up.

I also tried to lose weight and didn't see big changes or any changes really in my chest, but I saw changes in every other part of my body. I think that you should keep exercising and see where you are in a few month to a year and see if your chest has lost fat because some parts of your body are the last place for fat to come off. Your gyne most likely won't be completely gone, but like your goal was before: you'll be happier and healthier!

Good luck!

Offline zado611

• Bronze Member
Thanks for all your comments I thought I would post some pics of before the weight drop and after as far as my moobs go.. i know their are slightly different as far as their angles but just for yall to see.. the first one is of me at 290 and the 2nd is of me 250

Offline Blan

Hi zado611,
Congratulations on losing weight but following diet chart. It's really hard to stick with strict diet.
I will suggest you to join gym to tone your stomach and chest.

Offline Gloucester

Congrats dude on your successful journey so far,..
I appreciate your effort,..
keep it up dude,..

Offline gyne_22

• Posting Member
I started my weight loss journey when I was 20 and w the weight of 280. I am now 22 years old and still suffering with gynecomastia. I now weigh 212. I can totally relate what you are going through. Reading your post made me realize that there are other people going through the same situation I am going through.. physically and mentally. Im really proud you lost 40 lbs! keep up the good work. Well, I really want to get surgery done, but, the surgeon said I should wait and lose more weight as well. It was depressing. I seriously was looking forward to it and got depress for a while. But he was right. I should lose more weight and hopefully when I lose 20 more pounds I can proceed w the procedure. Living w gynecomastia is soooo tuff.. its traumatizing. But we need to just accept it and do something about it. Its better now than later. I just wish the surgeons can still continue w the operation even if your obese. I'll keep u guys updated. btw I love this site. It feels like home.

Offline Elton

• Posting Member
Hi Zado,
Congratulations on losing 40 lbs in just 3 months and to build chest muscles do make a set of these exercises.
Explosive push ups, barbell bench press, dumbbell bench press, inclined bench press and decline bench press.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024