Author Topic: Aldactone (For Congenital Heart Defect) + Gyne  (Read 2188 times)

Offline Etoile

I was born with a congenital heart defect. I don't want to go into it because I have a long and complex medical history, but I was put on Aldactone (Sprino-Aldactone) 25 mgs everyday and when I started to notice I had gynecomastia in my late teens, I did some research and found out Aldactone was probably the reason why I had it. I brought it up to my doctors and I was taken off Aldactone, but after 2 or so years off the drug, I haven't noticed any change in my gynecomastia and when I bring up my issue with the doctors they don't help much because to them it is only a mild issue compared to the rest of mine.

I am almost 100% certain that the reason for the gynecomastia was related to Aldactone. I am incredibly skinny. Too skinny, to be honest. I have been trying to put on weight. I am 27-years-old, 6'0" tall, and only weigh 120 lbs. I am pretty sure that my gynecomastia isn't because of my weight. When my nipples are hard, I look totally normal and it is impossible to tell that I have gynecomastia, but when they aren't hard, it is very apparent. Especially in my right nipple, which generally appears bigger. It is embarrassing and I am already embarrassed enough by multiple surgery scars on my chest from my heart defect. I have a long large scar straight down the middle, as well as two in my upper abdomen, a long scar going from my back under my armpit, and about 7 small circular hole shaped scars from where I had tubes stuck in to drain out blood after my open heart surgery. The last thing I want is another scar!!!!!!  :'( Is there any solution besides surgery in my case? I know there are some "wonder drugs" out on the market with mixed reviews and since mine gynecomastia is from an unusual source (side effect from Aldactone), would any of those "wonder drugs" benefit me or do I really have to get surgery?

I live in NYC if anyone has any recommendations for doctors to see or something.

I look forward to, and, greatly appreciate any help  :)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Once the condition has stabilized drug treatments are of no avail. This would be true regardless of what caused the breast enlargement.

As to the issue of scars, they should be quite small and barely noticed if the procedure is done by a well qualified surgeon.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024