Author Topic: Gynecomastia or fat  (Read 2682 times)

Offline Massive

Hey, Iv been reading this forum for a while and finally felt like posting.

My nipple area seems to protrude through my shirts, and I'm unsure if this is Gynecomastia.

I'm 20 and pretty active, i go the gym, and kick boxing twice a week to try and burn fat, of which i have been doing for 6 months. Iv seen some fat come away from this area, but generally my chest seems to stay the same, while other parts of my body lose fat. My right side seems to be worse than my left.

Im 5'9/10 and around 155 pounds.

These two are from the front

This is from the side

This is tensed

« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 06:19:13 PM by Massive »

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
That's about how I looked when I was 20. All downhill (for me) from there.  >:(
I gained a bit of weight though (sympathy weight)
I'd say keep active and those little tiny bumps on your chest should at the least maybe not get bigger. But I'm no expert. Just saying from my experience, mine were about that size at 20-21.
As I gained weight they got larger, but not as bad as some I've seen.

STAY ACTIVE, please! You're young and can prevent it from getting worse.

Oh, and my opinion is a slight case of gyne. But not bad since you're not very fat.

Offline Massive

Thanks for you opinion, I saw your pictures and saw a resemblance to myself. Maybe you would look like this if you had the same weight to me. 

Forgot to say I'm 5'9/10 and around 155 pounds.

Offline Gallego

• Posting Member
Seems like a mild case of gynecomastia. Feel fortunate you don't have the puffy nipple one, that one really sucks.

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
Thanks for you opinion, I saw your pictures and saw a resemblance to myself. Maybe you would look like this if you had the same weight to me. 

Yea- I'm about 5'10" maybe 5'11" and just got down to 165. I was about 190 at my heaviest.
Just started going to the gym again yesterday and hoping to eat healthier to get down to about 150-155.
Going to try and build more muscle on my shoulders and arms and lose weight in belly, love handles, and breasts. Hoping bulking up a bit around them and losing some weight will improve it's appearance without having to do surgery.
Time will tell, and I also plan to consult with a PS just to see if there is an underlying condition like hormone imbalance or anything.
Good luck post back up what you decide to do.

Offline Massive

Yea- I'm about 5'10" maybe 5'11" and just got down to 165. I was about 190 at my heaviest.
Just started going to the gym again yesterday and hoping to eat healthier to get down to about 150-155.
Going to try and build more muscle on my shoulders and arms and lose weight in belly, love handles, and breasts. Hoping bulking up a bit around them and losing some weight will improve it's appearance without having to do surgery.
Time will tell, and I also plan to consult with a PS just to see if there is an underlying condition like hormone imbalance or anything.
Good luck post back up what you decide to do.

I'm trying to stay active, going for jogs, gym and boxing. Kind of losing motivation now though. As they gland/fat hides all the muscle I'm building as i can feel it behind the damn thing.
I want surgery, I'm in UK doubt the NHS would cover this so I'm looking into going private. I want to go to my NHS GP, however he's not very good, i think he will dismiss this and not bother to persue it further.

If you want to lose weight i really recommend joining a club that you enjoy and are interested in. iv always been a fan of boxing and use to when i was little, i started with some friends so we motivate each other, and its generally good fun especially the sparing.  ::)

Offline thetodd

I wouldnt bother with surgery personally it doesnt look like much of a case, maybe its down to the pics

i think its more to do with the positioning of your nipples tbh there quite wide apart, theres not a huge amount of puffyness. The NHS will turn you down ill be honest with you

but if it bothers you, it could be made to be totally flat
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
That doesn't look like gyne to me, work out a bit and you should be happier!

Offline Massive

That doesn't look like gyne to me, work out a bit and you should be happier!

I am doing mate, I'm kickboxing 2 nights a week for 2 hours, going to the gym, going for jogs. Iv lost fat and built muscle, i can feel it under the gland/fat on my chest. Its getting me really demotivated now, as I'm realising that i cant shift it through exercise.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 09:04:34 PM by Massive »

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
I wouldn't sweat it, and I tell you that as someone who has gyne.  Not bad, but not little as yours.  You have a very, very mild case. As a matter of fact, if I had your case, I wouldn't be considering surgery. 

You might want to try putting some muscle on your frame.  I would work on shoulders (military press), and upper chest (incline bench).  That should help a bit if your gyne isn't growing. If it is, stay away from the weights. Also, don't put on weight.  That will make it more prevalent.

My .2 cents. Hope it helps.

Offline thetodd

Thats pure gland in my opinion, the only way to get rid of it is surgery body building will make you look out of proportion and wont fix hte problem long term

if it bothers you, get the surgery mate

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
You're a couch potato i guess. LOse weight,. RUN!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024