Author Topic: 13 yrs old with Gyno?  (Read 2474 times)

Offline helpmeh

I'm 13 1/2 and I'm about 5'7 and weigh 125 pounds. I'm not fat or anything but a little less than a year ago I developed these swollen "puffy" nipples. I get made fun of sometimes and I would like to know if this is normal or not.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
In a young man your age, yes, it can be considered "normal".  Normal means that it is a common occurrence in young men going through puberty. 

Most of the literature you will read says gynecomastia that develops in young men going through puberty usually goes away within 2 or 3 years.  If it does not go away, or worsens, it would be time consult your doctor about it. 

Offline syom

• Posting Member
looks the exact same i have 0.o yeah it sux like hell im 16 i go to a doctor soon hope i dont have to do surgery but if that is the only option ill do it aint gonna life with those shitty things forever

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
No, it is not normal -- but it is very common.  Look around at many of your male friends and I am sure some of them will have it too (at least to some degree).

Since you are very young and have had it only for a short period of time, I would strongly advise you to wait it out -- at least for another year or more.

In the meanwhile, you can minimize the look by wearing a snug, elastic compression garment, such as an UnderArmour shirt.

Check back with us in a year or two if the problem still persists.

Dr JAcobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline mooninite

• Posting Member
yeah it's gyno, but a lot of guys going through their teens experience it apparently.  although, i'd ask your parents to take you to your physician and i heard they can recommend products/food that will help within the first year or two of developing it so you won't turn out like us.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024