Author Topic: In my head or something more?  (Read 2745 times)

Offline larry34

Please let me know your thoughts.  I could be in better shape (6'2" 210 lbs) and I'm wondering if losing 20lbs would help? or, is it something worse?  I wear tight spandex undershirts to help hide this issue and a couple people have made indirect comments regarding the size of my chest.  Gotten to the point where I'm getting a bit paranoid while in public.  Thank you

DeeDubStyle619

Losing 20lbs is great, but it appears that there would still be some gland left behind. Lose the pounds first, and then reevaluate. Like many others have said, it's only a problem if it bothers you. If you feel paranoid in public, then yes I would say go for it.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
I second DeeDubStyle's answer.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Totally agree with the above -- lose the weight and then re-assess.  You may not need surgery.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline larry34

Thanks for all the advice.  Much appreciated.   In my mid teens I recall a lump under one or both of the nipples which went away.  Really no issues in my 20's but they seem to have gotten larger in my 30's.  Really the last 5-6 years.  Does anyone know if the tight spandex undershirts really help?  They are kind of expensive and just wanted to see if anyone had experience with those?  I see there are many on the market designed for this issue. 

Offline calibrn

• Posting Member

Offline morpheus11

• Silver Member
low cal high protein diet, and 5x5 strength training is great.

regarding the spandex shirts, i order mine from this company called GC2 compression.  I've been wearing the their spandex tanks for 4 years now.  Order a size smaller than your regular shirt size.  For the first few days, the tank will feel excessively tight but after a few days, it will loosen up a bit.  They are great man!  I have slight gyne like you, and have been wearing them for years.  I usually order a pack of three and cycle them out. 

Offline larry34

Thanks for the input.  Helps a lot. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024