Author Topic: is this Gynecomastia?!?!----[Pics included]----  (Read 6269 times)

Offline Gyne-Sucks

• Bronze Member
i have had this for about 3 years since i was about 13 im 16 now

its so depressing i cant afford surgery and i dont want it anyway.
i go to the gym and i do cardio and also weight training i so alot of chest exercise however i have just started doing this for about 2weeks
will this make me loose them

i have noticed that they arnt as big as they where last year but i still think they stick out and i hate the puffy nipples

my BMI is normal as i am 5'7 and 71kg

here are some pics

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
I would say yes, can you feel rubbery, gristle-like glands under the nipples/around the breast area? If you squeeze them are they hard?
The best thing you can do is not get stressed about, just relax and try to be cool with it for now because chances are it will disappear on its own because you are so young. The bad news is this can take a couple of years, and I'm not sure if anyone would perform surgery on someone who is 16.
Surgery with Dr. Karidis, 16th August 2011: currently recovering  https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=23731.0

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Yes it does look like gyno to me I'm afraid mate.
No point even thinking about surgery while ur hormones are still up in the air I don't think. My advice would be to tough it out for a couple of years, keep hitting the gym and eating right. Get a few nike compression vests to wear to the gym etc.

May well settle down on its own when ur hormones calm down. Have you been to see your GP ? What did they say ?

Offline kingboob

i have had this for about 3 years since i was about 13 im 16 now

its so depressing i cant afford surgery and i dont want it anyway.
i go to the gym and i do cardio and also weight training i so alot of chest exercise however i have just started doing this for about 2weeks
will this make me loose them

i have noticed that they arnt as big as they where last year but i still think they stick out and i hate the puffy nipples

my BMI is normal as i am 5'7 and 71kg

Looks like puffy nipple gyne.  Your only 16 and you say that the problem isn't as bad as it was a year ago....... so hopefully you will see further improvement when your hormones settle down a bit.

Your BMI is upper end of normal... 24.5ish by my calculation.   I'm not sure weight loss will reduce your problem because you don't look like you are carrying an excess fat on your chest anyway.  However, sensible exercise, dropping a few lbs and toning up is never a bad thing is it?  Certainly it might help boost your confidence and be less worried about the puffy nipples.

Also, as already mentioned, a compression vest/shirt or two might be a good way to hide the problem if it is causing embarrassment socially. 

Offline Gyne-Sucks

• Bronze Member
ok thanks lads, so to sum up what yous are saying is that: it could go when my hormones settle also doing weights, toning my chest and doing exercise might help reduce the size a little?

also somedude999 i did go to the GP about a year and a half ago and he said i had a hormone imbalance and it was mild gyne which im guessing is very little gyne?

should i go to the GP again and get another hormone test to see if they have settled, also when they settle what will happen?
will they just turn to fat and therefore easy to burn off, what will happen?

and since its getting summer i am white as milk as i dont like wearing t-shirts or taking my top off as it looks asthough my nipples stick out

is reducing puffy nipples easy to do and how do you do it

Thanks... :)

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member
why have you posted this like 5 times?

Offline Gyne-Sucks

• Bronze Member

Offline kingboob

should i go to the GP again and get another hormone test to see if they have settled, also when they settle what will happen?
will they just turn to fat and therefore easy to burn off, what will happen?

So have you actually had a hormone (blood) test that was abnormal?   If so what was wrong?   And if so I would certainly go back to the GP to get it checked again and followed  if the results are still abnormal.

Offline pharmerjoe

• Silver Member
If hormone levels are normal, that Dr needs to have a serious think. I know what he will do, he'll keep saying it will go, takes time, etc. And the argument saying its "mild"  is complete bullshit, if its gyne, then its gyne, no matter how much gland is there. You don't hear doctors say they've just got a "mild" form of diabetes, so lets not treat it ( i know extremely different, but you catch my drift). Most of the guys here, including me, are in there mid 20s+ and have been suffering for over 10 years. So unless you want to be going through that, try and get it sorted asap. I assume your parents know, which is good, so if it is definitely gyne, at least you can sit down and talk to them how important private surgery would be for you (if getting it on the NHS does not materalise).

Offline teetit

• Posting Member
Yeah also I feel like it can be argued that 'mild' gyno is much worse psychologically than 'extreme' gyno.  I mean when you have big breasts on your chest you're most likely fat and therefore it's less shocking when you reveal your chest (at the beach, when your with a woman...etc.).  But when you're skinny, and your moobs are smaller, that REVEAL is much worse because it hasn't been nearly as apparent when you were wearing a shirt.  Obviously both cases suck and everyone on this board has had horrible experiences with their teets, but just keep in mind that 'mild'/'average'/'extreme' are adjectives that describe ONLY the physical size of the teets, not the amount of psychological effects it's having on the person. 

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member
Because im concered

im sure you are, but posting several topics of the same thing aint gonna make anyone reply quicker.
i was gonna reply on the one in "gynecomastia talk" until i saw this.
and yeah it is gyne, it won't naturally go away, you can't exercise it off, and you'll need surgery to correct it.
private surgery is recommended for best results, and it's just over 4 grand so you'll have to talk with your parents if you haven't already. i'm assuming you're english?

Offline Gyne-Sucks

• Bronze Member
If hormone levels are normal, that Dr needs to have a serious think. I know what he will do, he'll keep saying it will go, takes time, etc. And the argument saying its "mild"  is complete bullshit, if its gyne, then its gyne, no matter how much gland is there. You don't hear doctors say they've just got a "mild" form of diabetes, so lets not treat it ( i know extremely different, but you catch my drift). Most of the guys here, including me, are in there mid 20s+ and have been suffering for over 10 years. So unless you want to be going through that, try and get it sorted asap. I assume your parents know, which is good, so if it is definitely gyne, at least you can sit down and talk to them how important private surgery would be for you (if getting it on the NHS does not materalise).

im sorry but there is no way on this earth that my parrents could afford 3.9k just to get surgery for me that is a very very very lot of money

Offline Gyne-Sucks

• Bronze Member
Because im concered

im sure you are, but posting several topics of the same thing aint gonna make anyone reply quicker.
i was gonna reply on the one in "gynecomastia talk" until i saw this.
and yeah it is gyne, it won't naturally go away, you can't exercise it off, and you'll need surgery to correct it.
private surgery is recommended for best results, and it's just over 4 grand so you'll have to talk with your parents if you haven't already. i'm assuming you're english?

yes im english and we can not afford 4 grand

Offline Gyne-Sucks

• Bronze Member
Also guys since i go to the gym if my arms and shoulders get bigger through weight lifting then surley they will make my gyne look smaller....

when i strech my arms out in the air up high my chest looks Normal i wish it would be like that for ever

they look like there going down since last year so it might be that im actually loosing them

Tell me the truth do alot of boys who have gyne in puberty ends up going away on there own?

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
You are on a Gyne forum asking how often it goes away....I'm afraid the resounding answer you are likely to find here is not going to be what you want to hear.
Most posting on here have accepted they need to go under the knife or have already gone under the knife. Exercising doesnt make it go away and you cant walk around with your arms above your head for life.
3 options as I see it.....1) Get it sorted on the NHS for free if they will do it and hope the result is a good one. 2) start saving your pocket money and go and get a part-time job and get £4 - £5K together for a private operation in the future. 3) Learn to live with it and hope you are one of the lucky ones that it manages to reverse all these years later.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024