Author Topic: Considering surgery, opinions please  (Read 1671 times)

Offline des321

I am considering surgery (after weight loss) and would be grateful for opinions.

My history -

My man boobs first appeared at about the age of 14 when I was an average weight for my height. As I entered my later teen years I grew upwards very fast and got very slim and they went away but they came back when I was in my early twenties and have stayed with me ever since (I am now 36).

I should mention that although I am now somewhat overweight (5ft 11in, 210lbs), that has not always been the case, and my man boobs have remained regardless of weight. In my twenties I was quite slim and even after I gained some weight in my early thirties I got down to 160lbs and worked out in the gym 3 to 5 times a week and kept the weight off and continued to work out for three years. Even when I was super fit and slim my man boobs only got a bit smaller and only in proportion to the rest of my body and, in actual fact, they looked worse, because they were even more pronounced on my slim toned body.

Most of it seems to be fatty tissue (though it's hard to tell what is fat and what is gland) and it's worse on my right side where it runs underneath my right armpit. I have feeling this could be genetic since my dad has a flabby chest, though nowhere near as bad as mine, even though he's not overweight.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 07:53:51 PM by des321 »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Thanks for your photos and history.  Based on that information, it would seem that surgery would be your best option.

Do your research carefully and interview several plastic surgeons, including plastic surgeons who have demonstrated sufficient interest and expertise in performing gyne surgery.  This is elective surgery -- do your homework and don't rush into it.  Your first operation is your best shot for a good result.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024