Author Topic: Fat or gyne?  (Read 1809 times)

Offline toobigforme

So I'm 20, and I've had them I think since I was ten or so.  I was of course a lot heavier then.  When I lost a lot of the weight they got smaller but they just seem so disproportionate to the rest of my body, it doesn't make sense.  I'm now 170 6'

Let me know what y'all think about it.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 03:15:01 PM by toobigforme »

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, you do have gynecomastia.

When one loses weight, some of the fat tissue of the breast diminishes -- but not the breast tissue.  Thus, the breast will become slightly smaller with weight loss, but it will not disappear altogether.  what you now have is mostly residual breast tissue which is concentrated within the skin of your chest.  And since you have lost weight elsewhere, there is still a disproportion between the breasts and the rest of your body.

Now start doing your homework in researching possible surgeons in your area.  Or, if surgery is not in the cards, then you could do well with a snug compression garment.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline toobigforme

Thank you for your time.  I currently wear a compression shirt and no one is aware of my problem.   Is surgery the only method to remove the breast tissue?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Yes, surgery would be the only answer.  Your gyne has been present for ten years and your height/weight ratio is just fine -- no further weight loss would be useful.  There are no medications, injections, etc, which would make it disappear -- please don't waste your money.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024