Author Topic: A view from above 2  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Now for a 5th try.  This picture was taken last week.  Be warned that a total post size greater than 192k will be lost despite 4 attachments being allowed at up to 125k each. One it errors out you can't just go back because it keeps erroring after that.  Reload for a new post. This is an attempt to show how I see my breasts from above.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I discovered long ago that when I would straight down my nose to my chest the breasts looked larger than from any other view.

I am not sure if this is just me or if the view is somehow distorted by being so close to the eyes. For me this has always been the most exaggerated, therefore the least accurate, view.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Hi Paa_paw,

That's why I included the other views taken with a 70mm lens (equiv to 105mm on 35mm camera).  This view was taken with a 18mm lens (equiv to 28mm on a 35mm camera).  Portraits are not taken with a wide angle lens because of the perspective from a close point of view. The nose would look way too big compared to the ears. From a distance the 70mm lens will tend to flatten the perspective and make the background look bigger by comparison to the foreground.  It would look different taken from 3.8 times the distance with a 70mm lens.  However, my arms are not that long.  From the point of view of the eye (about where I had the 18mm) the upper edge of the breast is half the distance as to the nipple and therefor 4x the apparent area compared to the same area at the distance to the nipple.  However, it does represent the general shape as seen from above.  You know, maybe I can get my partner to take the same picture from 3.8 times as far with the 70mm.  It would make for an interesting comparison and educational for all of us regarding the distance a 3D object is viewed from.  In some of the other posts I did indicate size in other ways, such as in comparison to my hand and total chest width.  In a professional forensic job I would have included tape measures so everything could be dimensioned properly despite perspective from the viewing distance.

To correct for the oversight the length of the curve from edge of breast at bone across the nipple and down to rib on the side is 10.5 inches with tape horizontal.  Two inches above nipple the curve length is 9.5 inches.  At Armpit level, 4 inches above nipple, the curve length is 9.0 inches.  With tape measure vertical around curve from ribs to top of breast over the nipple is 8.5 inches.  The length under the breast along ribs from edge to edge is 8 inches.

The most accurate perspective would probably be with a 30mm focal length at a suitable distance.  I might do the whole series again for comparison with the 30mm.  I would be educated by that too.  Thank you for pointing it out.  I've been out of the photography business a long time and didn't even think of it until you mentioned that.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 05:38:33 PM by Alchemist »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024