Author Topic: stiff under the nipple  (Read 1407 times)

Offline farchielad

hi everyone. i am new here. i had gyne surgery two and a half weeks ago. visually the results look great. However,for the last two weeks i have been feeling a very stiff area under my right nipple.. about two centimeters over one centimeter in size. it feels like it is bone. i talked to my doctor today about it over the phone and he said that it might be bone and if it didn't turn into a certain color it should be ok and i shouldnt be too concerned. what is this stiff thing?? visually i cant see it.. just feel it. i am supposed to see my doc again in 6 days. he said i can come over earlier if i am concerned.. what do u guys think? its a 2 hour drive to the doctor's office.. should i be concerned? what is this thing??

another question.. when can i go back to sleeping on my stomach?
the doc said i already can but i am concerned..
thanks in advance guys..

Offline Maxmataco

Hi Farchoelad,

How did your follow up visit go? I also had my op this month (12 days ago)
I had a severe stabbing pain under the right nipple that felt like bone was being hammered. My doctor told me that it was not serious...the pain is now more of a discomfort so I am feeling a lot better about it.

As for sleeping on your stomach, I must agree with you that that is the one thing I missed in the first few days - I don't normally sleep on my back on raised pillows and this position would get me awake. Doctor said it was OK to sleep on my stomach again but when I tried everything hurt too much (movement to get on my stomach, the pressure of my body on my wounds etc) so I started off sleeping on my side. You might want to try shifting and positioning your arms differently whilst on your side until you find a position that offers the least discomfort and day by day working your way back to eventually sleeping on your stomach when you feel less and less pain. I am able to sleep on my side only for now but not needing sleeping pills or pain killers. Hopefully by next week I can sleep on my stomach or in a half spooning positioning
All the best
M

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024