Author Topic: Moderate Gyno After Weight Loss  (Read 8275 times)

Offline Photostic

• Posting Member
Hi everyone!

I've been reading these boards for my entire adult life and am finally scheduled for surgery in a week.  I have lost about 130 lbs so far and still have some obvious excess skin on my abdomen and lovehandles.  Anyway,  I thought I would contribute a little since I've gotten so much information and motivation from this site.  These are my before pictures.

I'm going to have gland excision and lipo with Dr. Albin in Denver.  Hoping to post some motivational after pics when I'm done.  

Offline crossfit99

• Silver Member
awesome job on the weight loss man! You're going to look like a stud after you get the chest tightened up!

Offline corvette09

• Bronze Member
You're on the right track buddy. What is your diet and workout regimen?

Offline Photostic

• Posting Member
awesome job on the weight loss man! You're going to look like a stud after you get the chest tightened up!

Thanks!  I'm hoping there will be some areola shrinkage too. Getting very anxious as my surgery date approaches.

You're on the right track buddy. What is your diet and workout regimen?

thanks buddy.  I have been pretty intense in the gym for the past year.  Lots of different routines in there.  But right now I'm just doing upper 2x per week and lower 2x per week.

For cardio I do 30 minutes 4x a week in the morning and try to do 30 minutes everytime I'm at the gym for lifting.  For diet I just try to stay under 2500 cals every day and get my 170g of protein.

Offline john_loren

• Bronze Member
What exactly are they going to do--donut?  I hate to see you with a bunch of scars.  And I have a feeling they'll need to leave some marks in order to get rid of excess skin.  Is that really worth it?  You really might be better off (and you look ok) as you are....

Offline Photostic

• Posting Member
What exactly are they going to do--donut?  I hate to see you with a bunch of scars.  And I have a feeling they'll need to leave some marks in order to get rid of excess skin.  Is that really worth it?  You really might be better off (and you look ok) as you are....

Thanks.  Dr. Albin is going to excise the breast tissue and do some lipo to remove the fat.  I should only have tiny scars around each nipple that are barely visible.  I'm hoping that the skin will contract a bit and the areolas will shrink. 

Really looking forward to being able to wear teeshirts too.

Offline Photostic

• Posting Member
Surgery was done yesterday.  I'll take off the bandages tomorrow and we'll see how things look.  Hoping to throw up a few pics as well.

Feels very swollen so far, but nothing more than expected.  Pain is awful, but Percocet is handling it quite nicely.  Anyways, we'll see how it looks tomorrow.

Offline Photostic

• Posting Member

Offline Photostic

• Posting Member
Update:

There's some loose skin and fluid in the left side.  I know from being on this site that I can't judge results quite yet.  The nurse actually drained some fluid from the left side at my post op appointment yesterday.  That's what made it start to droop.  Very happy and optimistic so far, though.

post op day 3

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
Congratulations on the weight loss!  ;D

Your body is totally smokin' and I can't wait to see more pics of your recovery. So far, it's looking pretty good to me.

I have to schedule my own consultation soon.

Offline Photostic

• Posting Member
14 days post op and still have a lot of swelling overall.  Had to get fluid drained twice on the left side and there's some scar tissue forming.  I was hoping to be one of the lucky ones with a fast recovery, but it's looking like it will take a while. 

Hoping to get some new pics up here in a few.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024