Author Topic: New.Need Advice  (Read 2328 times)

Offline antbard

Hey Guys, So I'm a 22 y/o male 5'7" about 140 lbs. Ive been slender my whole life( heaviest was prob 150) but I have reason to believe I have gyn. At the moment Im working out vigorously trying to sculpt myself in hopes that the chest will "look" a bit more decent. There's really no fat on the inner pecs but the outside is def a bit "soft" and the nips are for the most part puffy and soft (unless I get the chills or out of the shower to the point where it seems I have no problem at all). But, i dont plan on using toothpaste or living in 0 degree weather with my shirt off.No steroids and no meds. When I squeeze them I can def feel a "gland?". So...advice and maybe an estimate on the surgeries I have options for. Thanks in advance and I hope we can all get through this.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
This looks like a mild case of gynecomastia.  You have the typical appearance of "puffy nipples", as you described.  You have very little chest wall fat, it appears, and your gland tissue may be limited to just behind the nipple areola (hard to tell without exam). Your areolar diameter is larger than it could or should be, compared to overall chest dimensions, IMO.  That's probably due to breast tissue putting a stretch on that skin. That diameter usually decreases with removal of the underlying tissue. You could possibly be a candidate for gland removal alone, and maybe under local anesthesia, which would keep your cost of surgery down.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline antbard

[quote author=Dr. Pope link=topic=25414.msg167137#msg167137 date=1335867308]
This looks like a mild case of gynecomastia.  You have the typical appearance of "puffy nipples", as you described.  You have very little chest wall fat, it appears, and your gland tissue may be limited to just behind the nipple areola (hard to tell without exam). Your areolar diameter is larger than it could or should be, compared to overall chest dimensions, IMO.  That's probably due to breast tissue putting a stretch on that skin. That diameter usually decreases with removal of the underlying tissue. You could possibly be a candidate for gland removal alone, and maybe under local anesthesia, which would keep your cost of surgery down.

Dr. Pope, MD
[/quote]

thanks Doc. Helps a bunch to get an honest opinion(free at that). I asked my fam. Doc and all he said was "its nothing". One more ? though, besides the scar that "may" be left behind, is there any damage or side effects of having the actual gland removed? What part does it play in the bodies functioning?

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Plays no part at all in body functioning.  You'll have a scar around the underside of the nipple/areola.  It should fade over time.

Dr. Pope, MD

Offline Neil123

• Bronze Member
your case is too mild for surgery. this is barely gyne your fam doctor is actually correct! you know why you don't see that? because your family doctor probably seen many cases and gave you an honest opinion! comparing to other cases. you are too focused on something people don't even notice/care about! sincerely

Offline captain chesty

• Silver Member
Your chest looks fine to me. Although, I understand it's all relative and matters whether your comfortable or not yourself.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024