Author Topic: How can I prevent crater deformity and/or nipple inversion from happening?  (Read 6372 times)

Offline letsfixthis

• Silver Member
Please look at these picture and let me know how I can make sure my surgeon knows ahead of time that this won't happen.

I don't know how common this is but I really want to make 100% sure that my understands this problem and knows to take steps to prevent it.

Are there only 2 methods to prevent this?

1. Small amount of gland left attached to under the areola for support( Dr. Jacobs method I think)

2. Fat flaps for support( Dr. Berman used method I think)

Are there other methods to prevent this besides the 2 listed?

Should this topic be taken up with any consolation with plastic surgeon?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 03:47:34 AM by letsfixthis »

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
If it is necessary for you to provide information to your plastic surgeon on how to perform an operation, don't use them. You'll almost certainly be unhappy with the results. Find someone who knows what they're doing.

Offline letsfixthis

• Silver Member
If it is necessary for you to provide information to your plastic surgeon on how to perform an operation, don't use them. You'll almost certainly be unhappy with the results. Find someone who knows what they're doing.

Ok, here is the thing.

I don't think that even within years and years of medical school, training, test,etc... I don't think creator deformity is even covered in their training/education. I think this must be something they develop on their own.

I look at some before&after pictures from board certified AMA approved IVY league doctors with all the right credentials with creator deformity/depressed nipple.

I honestly don't think this issue is covered to surgeons.

Dr. Bermant use to say that he always had to repair this defect when people came to him for a revision from other doctors and how his patients never had this deformity because of a technique which he implied that he invented from his experience.

In order to know if the doctor knows what he is talking about, I need to know at least what answer to expect from him when I ask what he will do to ensure that I am not left with a creator defect.

I think that even many doctors on this forum may be unaware on how to prevent this as I did a search and most questions about creator deformity go unanswered.

Thanks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024