Author Topic: Are my man boobs Gyne or Fat?  (Read 4475 times)

Offline mboobhell

I have been overweight since I was about 15 yrs old, (I am now 21) I put on the weight VERY quickly due to a huge change of lifestyle and an addiction to a certain drug... and along with that came the man breasts.

I always thought that they were fat, I had never even heard of Gynecomastia until about a year ago.. and I still denied that I could have it, I just told myself it was fat and once I lost weight they would go.

After reading these boards and other sources of info about Gyne, I'm starting to think that they might be Gyne afterall...

Here are some pictures, please take a look and tell me what you think..

I'm 21 (close to 22), about 6'2 and 98kgs.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a119/mboobhell/

I dont seem to have some symptoms of Gyne, such as the puffy nipples and "tender disc-like tissue under the nipple" they mostly feel very soft and flabby, but I can feel a few hard lumps on both.. roughly 2-4 in each and they vary in size and shape. I can push them flat all the way to the rib cage easily and when I'm laying flat they are almost non-exsistant.

Offline ruggedtoast

• Silver Member
I presume youre talking about cannabis. Man those moobs are major. Fat or gland youre gonna need some medical attention to help remove them.

Cannabis can trigger gyne by the way, pretty sure it did with me.

Offline nothingworse

• Gold Member
You definetely have a mixture of glandular gyne/breast tissue/and fat. I would first try to lost some weight and see if they lose any fat. Go see an endo in your case. But, have to go see your doctor first. If everything is fine and you still have a problem and you lose weight but still have most of it or most of it hasn't gone away then set up an appointment with a Plastic Surgeon. Some do free consultations and there is probably one in your area. Anyways the gland and breast tissue will not go anywhere most likely. If weight loss doesn't do it go get the surgery it will be a major improvement. If they don't get it all out or don't make you flat enough the first time most surgeons do free touch-ups within 1 year. So it may take 2 surgeries to totally rid the gyne but 1 may do it or get close to getting rid of it all. All the fat probably won't go away either the surgeon will have to do lipo/excision/and possibly skin and nipple resectioning in your case. But, if you find a skilled enough surgeon after you do the weight loss and endo visit first you will be in good hands. Good luck

Offline BringExtraDragons

• Bronze Member
  • Sometimes you get so alone it just makes sense.

It's weird though, He has no pushed out puffy nipples? the nipples are completely normal it would seem ( may need closer pictures ) I am no expert at all, but it seems to me the gland always pushes and puffs that nipple, its so easily noticed when you have that abnormal fluff in the nipple. Is it possible he might just have a good load of fat in that region?  Ha I think my nipples are bigger and I'm 5'9 at 158 pounds! I'm not all that overweight but the small small string-ish gland stretches my areola out and puffs the nips up good. I was just thinking if you have sure fire gynecomastia you should definitely have the infamous stretched areola and puffed out nips. But honestly, that is quite the build up in that one region and losing fat in the chest could be one of the hardest places to burn fat from. you can't concentrate on certain spots of your body obviously, cardio will burn fat all over and who knows it could reach the chest and do the deed. If you really care bigtime, check out a PS so he can confirm if you have gyne. And hey, maybe think about getting that chest reduced while your at it, who knows...depends on how much it impedes the relaxation of your mind and life.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 09:32:04 PM by BringExtraDragons »

Offline mboobhell

Thanks for the feedback.

I have been on a weight loss lifestyle plan for a while now and I have already lost roughly 8kg's.. I've been noticing the skin is a little looser around the chest, so I guess thats a good sign.

I was thinking that I may need some surgery after I lose the weight (I am going to lose all of it, i'm very dedicated) just to get rid of the stretched skin.

I am going to see my doctor about them soon (whats an "endo"?), I'll post here what he says.

Offline ItsOK

• Bronze Member
  • Glorp.
(whats an "endo"?)
An endocrinologist is a specially trained doctor. Endocrinologists diagnose diseases that affect your glands. They know how to treat conditions, which are often complex and involve many systems and structures within your body. Your regular doctor refers you to an endocrinologist when you have a problem with your endocrine system.

From http://www.hormone.org/publications/what_is_endocr.html

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024