Author Topic: help finding surgeon  (Read 1895 times)

Offline roopbob

I met w dr. Todd Orchard in Lincoln, Ne on Friday *plastic surgical arts*. Based on how I scar, he doesn't recommend I get gland removed from incision below areola.   I also have the breast material near top crease of armpits.   Dr recommended I have Dr. Petty out of MN do procedure but hes retiring and is no longer accepting new patients.  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated folks.  I have had this condition for a good 10 years.  I took paxil, gained a lot of weight and after losing weight never could get rid of this.  I am ready to fix this so its not weighing on my self esteem every day.  Would love to be able to take my kids swimming and get in with them.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 04:37:37 PM by roopbob »

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Check out Dr. Kapoor in Beverly Hills. He's real laidback. He does a great job and is very reasonably priced.

Offline hang_lo

• Posting Member
Looks like you form keloids. Be careful with keloids. They can be hard to
deal with after any surgical procedure.

Offline roopbob

Sometimes I scar like that and other times I don't.  That scar on my chest is where they inserted a power port, and later removed it.  So I had two incisions made at that location.  I'm wondering if thats why the scar is the way it is.  I was also wondering if I could get cortizone injections at the point where they do the incision to keep the scarring from getting bad.  Any ways, the surgeon from MN removes the gland from an incision in the armpit I guess.  Maybe this is the only way I can have mine removed???

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Gotcha! That's gotta be tricky. I read a surgeon on here talking about how its hard to get all the tissue from that angle (armpit area). Def wouldn't want scars on top of scars.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024