Author Topic: Dr. Richard Tholen in Minneapolis?  (Read 3335 times)

Offline hm4295

• Posting Member
Can anyone comment on this surgeon and/or have any experience with him?

I've searched the forums and found a few members who had positive experiences. I'm just looking for more feedback if there is any.

Thanks!

Offline puffysucks

• Posting Member
I had surgery with him about 5 weeks ago. Cost me a total of around $2.4k for excision only. I had a very minor case of just puffy nipples, no lip was needed as I'm relatively lean year round due to bodybuilding, and done under local anesthesia. At 6 days I went in for my first post-op visit and had some blood drained (about 10cc) on both sides with a giant needle and syringe. The day after that everything looked great and I was happier than I've been in a year since my nipples became puffy. However a couple of days after that my nipples got swollen, my right one looked almost as bad as before I had the op. Things seem to look better every week though. I'd get a consult with him first, and if you think he's convincing enough, go with him. There is no surgeon's fee for a revision if you're unhappy as well, you only pay for things like anesthesia, garments etc. I wish I was done with the healing process so I could give you a critical review of the results.

Offline hm4295

• Posting Member
Glad to hear that you've had a mostly positive experience thus far. I'll be interested to hear your feedback during the healing process.

That's a pretty good price. Did they use twilight sedation along with the local anesthesia?

Offline puffysucks

• Posting Member
I have no idea what twilight anesthesia is, so I do not believe he used it. All the anesthesia came from needles and only numbed up my chest. The surgery itself was painless, but the 5+ needles into each pec wasn't exactly fun, but it wasn't horrible either.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024