Author Topic: Just Had Surgery/Post Surgery week 1  (Read 1618 times)

Offline luismiguel1980

• Posting Member
Hello there I just went under the knife and decided to join the forum. I had surgery on 07/11/2013. I went through a general surgeon for my insurance paid for it. I had a couple of concerns about my skin/scaring. I have a sorta dent now where the glands were. Should i be wearing a compression vest even though the doctor stated it would not be necessary? When can i start putting on the scaring ointment? Any help/opinion is appreciated...thanks

Offline luismiguel1980

• Posting Member

Offline luismiguel1980

• Posting Member

Offline luismiguel1980

• Posting Member
sorry if im replying to my own forum. It seems like I can only upload one pic at a time...

Offline rjr3

• Posting Member
I just had surgery myself on 07/12/13 in Mountain View, CA.  My doctor wants me to wear my compression shirt for 4 to 6 weeks.  I had gland/fat removed w incision under areola and vaser lipo.  Im curious myself on how to treat scars bc I tend to have bad scars. I have swelling in armpit area, chest.   How about you?

Offline luismiguel1980

• Posting Member
I went through my insurance so got it done through a general doctor. I didnt have any lipo done he only removed the actual gland so as you can see from the pic i have some excess skin and a sorta dent where the gland was. Thankfully I havent been in too much pain. The doc stated that no vest was necessary but I ordered a microfiber compression shirt on amazon just in case. I dont wana have extra skin...It appears he cut beyong the arreola also so but i bought some mederma so hopefully it will help with the scarring...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024