Author Topic: 3 Years later what do you guys think ?  (Read 2797 times)

Offline shaker

• Silver Member
3 years after surgery, here are some shots my signature has link to post op .

I feel my right side is bit bigger than right but maybe if i could loose weight they would even out over time.

PS: Sorry for the Grooooooseee factor looks like i have more hair than before on my chest.. i should probably wax my chest up. but not till i have 6 packs  :D

hammer

I think your looking great! Congrats!

Before I lost the boys (testicles) my wife could braid the hair on my chest and back, but but now it doesn't even grow in my arm pits! That is one I can't figure, why don't it grow in my pits?

Any way, you are looking good and I don't see the difference from side to side.

Offline s00ntobe

• Silver Member

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Don't know what you looked like prior to surgery but your results look excellent -- you had a good surgeon!!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member

Before I lost the boys (testicles) my wife could braid the hair on my chest and back, but but now it doesn't even grow in my arm pits! That is one I can't figure, why don't it grow in my pits?

Okay this is off topic- but I have to know. How did you lose your testicles? And, are you not on TRT?

hammer

Okay this is off topic- but I have to know. How did you lose your testicles? And, are you not on TRT?

It is a very long story, you can read it all in "my story after all these years" it is a on going health fight, but short story is I had a vasectomy while by wife was pregnant with number 5, 1992. About two years later I started to get a lot of pain in the testicles! Some would be like a ice pic going right into them, and others like they would be in a vice grip. At times they would go soft like a wet sponge and other times feel normal, but in the end they had rotted in my body! They were removed in 94/95.

Between the two surgeries I had found out that I had diabetes and had a blood disorder that masked diabetes so the normal Ac1 test never reveled that I had diabetes for most likely over the last twenty years before the vasectomy! So the doctors thought that it was because of the years of untreated diabetes, or my autoimmune system treated the testicles as a foreign body and destroyed them as I have other autoimmune problems too.

Why am I not on replacement? I was for some time, but it was a hormone balancing nightmare and the breast still got bigger then they already were anyway! I also had side effects from the replacement that caused other problems as well, so my wife and I talked it over with my primary care doctor and decided to stop the replacement treatment.

I have come to feel that having the breast are not the end of the world, but I'm 55 years old and now have three grandchildren retired the last 15 years due to disability and find that there are much more important things in life to be concerned about now.

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
Your chest looks excellent.

Offline shaker

• Silver Member
Your chest looks excellent.

Thanks lets hope it does not come back, it could have been better for sure but its more upto me now to loose weight and loose the unwanted fat around the chest area.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
A quick comment, which you may not agree with, Shaker.

We haven't seen your "before" photos -- but right now, post op, your chest looks excellent.  Sorry to hear that you think it could have been "better."  Let me explain.

Many guys concentrate on their chest alone -- and forget about the rest of their body.  Fortunately, most experienced gyne surgeons will absolutely take the rest of your body into account.  It would look ridiculous to have a chest with paper-thin tissue over the muscle when the rest of the body is overweight.  As I have often said, it is important to know how much to remove and how much to leave so that the result is normal appearing and consistent with the surrounding areas of the body.  For a surgeon doing gyne surgery, that comes with experience.

At this point, your chest looks great -- and is consistent with the surrounding areas of your body.  When and if you lose weight, everything -- including your chest -- will improve.  If you had further work on your chest, while still at the same weight, you would risk an abnormal appearance, lax skin, etc.

Some of my patients, who have had a 98% improvement, concentrate on the remaining 2% and neglect the substantial improvement overall.  And when they ask if anything more can be done, I always remind them that seeking perfection can oftentimes result in a decline in the quality of the result rather than an improvement.  We live in an imperfect world where perfection is rarely obtained.  Remember Lexus' motto:  'Relentlessly pursuing perfection" -- they pursue but can never achieve perfection.  Same goes for surgery.

Be happy with your result!

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024