Author Topic: Reputable surgeon for around $4000?  (Read 3247 times)

Offline shannyb

Hello I have a small case of gyne, I do not have much fat left and I plan on blasting it away regardless after surgery ( of course after healing)

The problem is I have roughly around $4000 cash max for this surgery, I was referred to two experienced docotors in mexico ( dr luis salas, and dr jamie calcoa) I can get it done there at the very most $2500 after travel expense but I feel much safer doing it in the united states

I live in florida, my first option was Dr. Pope but he has told me his cost is closer to $6000, which I cannot pay.

Is there any surgeon someone can suggest? I would opt out for lipo due to such little fat I have and I can take care of it myself. I just need the excision

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If you are going only on the basis of price, you will not be well served.

Setting limitations in advance such as lipo only or excision only is not in your best interest. It would be like taking an overheating car to a mechanic and telling him to the replace the water pump but ignore the bad hoses. It would be better to leave those decisions up to the professionals.

If you really look, you should find that some of the cost could be financed over time in some way.
Grandpa Dan

hammer

Another thing to think about, see the number of people that are unhappy and need revision surgery and at times if not happy enough with the first doctor you might want to find a new one to start over!

It is far better to do it right the first time, or not do it at all!

Offline shannyb

Yes I do understand where both of you are coming from, But I do not think $4000 is such a unrealistic surgery price, I do believe there is a quite a handful of reputable doctors that can perform this in the united states at this price, I'm just having a very hard time locating these doctors or getting a good lead where to look. I've started by contacting several doctors past few hours for estimates based on pictures.

I can not finance this surgery, I have roughly $4500 cold hard cash, I am a 20 year old student with no credit. My mother does not have good credit, and my father whom is very wealthy does not believe I should be getting surgery and thinks it will go away on its own, Which it can not, he just does not understand nor was ever the supportive type.

I would much rather have the excision and lipo performed of course, I just need a few leads on where to locate a doctor that can perform this whole procedure at that cost.

hammer

Well, it is your body, good luck!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The problem is that you are not just paying the surgeon, but the entire staff of the surgical clinic; and for all the equipment as well.

Offline Herbert

• Bronze Member
An individual is no better off going the cheapest route and then needing revision surgery.  In the end, the person is still unhappy with their physical image and have ness money.

Have you thought about finishing college, getting a job, saving money and then having surgery based on the doctor's experience, qualifications and client references.  You may need your saved money to finish college or to relocate when you get a job after college.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024