Author Topic: Gyno or something more?  (Read 4394 times)

Offline mich06

• Posting Member
Hi Everyone!

I've been looking at gyne pics online for a while now, and mine seem to be a bit different than most that I see. Like more feminine if that makes sense. I've had growth since my early teens. Its not the only feminine characteristics that I have. My skin is soft like females, I have very little body hair, I have hips and a high waist, I have the finger length ratios of a female and I have some odd scar looking things down there that I've never seen on anyone else. I'm starting to think that I could possibly have been born with an intersex condition and was never told about it.
So here's a pic. Does this look like normal gyne or does the growth look more like normal female growth?

hammer

You should find a good endocrinologist and get your hormones checked out!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The word Gynecomastia is actually the combination of two words meaning female breasts. It has been traced back to the Greek Physician Galen. Some normal men do have breasts that look quite feminine; just as some women are quite flat chested.

As you have noted, there could be much more going on and you need to have a thorough Physical to find out what is actually true.

You are not a freak, you are just you. But it is time to clear things up.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
There is a condition called Klinefelter's Syndrome, in which some people have an extra X chromosome (they are XXY instead of XY) and this can result in feminization and is indeed one of the causes of gynecomastia.

Best to check with your endocrinologist and perhaps go for genetic testing as well.

In either case, your gyne would require surgery for its removal.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline mich06

• Posting Member
SO, it's been a few months since I originally posted. I started seeing an endocrinologist have had a ton of testing done and it seems that I have XX chromosomes. She said that it's extremely rare, but it does happen.

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If indeed you have XXY, then you have Klinefelter's Syndrome -- and gynecomastia is part of that syndrome.  Look it up on Google for more information.

Dr Jacobs

Offline mich06

• Posting Member
If indeed you have XXY, then you have Klinefelter's Syndrome -- and gynecomastia is part of that syndrome.  Look it up on Google for more information.

Dr Jacobs

I'm not XXY, I'm XX according to the tests. The doctors went back in my records to my birth and they found a mention of "corrective surgery" with nothing else. Yet hey are trying to find out why I was a patient of a urologist until I was a teenager. There are no records of anything. I used to go in for tests with him every six months where he would put me under for the tests. They think there is an intersex condition. I have scarring that I could never get an answer about. It would make sense. I am mistaken for a woman by almost everyone I meet. I have the shape of a female. A high voice and of course the breasts.  They scheduled me for an ultrasound next week. I'll update with the results of that.

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sorry, then if you are only XX, you are genetically female.  There may have been some surgery done on you when you were a child to deal with what doctors euphemistically call "ambiguous genitalia."  You should check that out if at all possible, just so that you know.

After this, you may want to consider some counseling to help decide how you wish to live in the future -- as a female or a male.

Dr Jacobs

hammer

Mich, I'm so sorry that you are/need to be going through this! It is totally unfair that you would not know the truth all this time!

We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers, know that you are not alone, you do have support here my friend!

Bob and Debbie (Bobs better half)

Offline mich06

• Posting Member
I'm actually not upset by this discovery. It answers a lot of questions that I had about myself. My therapist said that I actually have a good sense of humor about it. One of the things that I found out is that I'm completely sterile and have never been fertile. When I first found out, I sent a bill that I made up for $500 to a girl that I had a fling with and she said she was pregnant from it and she needed the money for an abortion.  She replied and saying that I got her pregnant and all that, I replied telling her that I had a chromosome test and I was genetically a female and am sterile. She just replied with "oh".

hammer

Talk about, "the joke is on you" moment!

I can understand what your saying about getting things finally answered!

Offline mich06

• Posting Member
Talk about, "the joke is on you" moment!

I can understand what your saying about getting things finally answered!

I don't expect to ever see the money from her. I thought it was a nice little jab saying that I know she scammed me.

I told a couple of other people and no one was surprised. Both said that there was always something different about me.

hammer

Mich, I really meant the joke is on her!

The cost of child support would have made the $500.00 seem like you lost a penny on the street! I've got five kids total and three grand kids now! In the past year I think we've borrowed or given out about 3-4 grand to them and that's just off the top of my head! But to be fair, one of them were in a very bad semi accident and off work for some time, so that is where most of it went! That we said not to worry about paying back, it was to help pay what workers comp didn't pay for.

Offline Herbert

• Bronze Member
Mitch06,

I am impressed with your attitude and frame of mind. What a positive example to others. Wish you the best in mapping out your future path. 

Herbert

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Hi Mich,

Lot's of questions answered, for sure.  As far as breasts go, you could never tell by comparison to mine.  I'm part of the D or DD contingent, no surgery.  Good luck in all this.  I would want to get a lot of answers from that urologist. You don't know what other parts you may have lurking in your body, such as an ovary pumping out that estrogen. In any case my best advice is accept and enjoy your body and enjoy your life.  A nudist club can be a good place to learn to accept yourself and your body. It gives a chance to interact honestly with people, body differences being irrelevant. 

Look at it this way, you, and I and some others here, are built perfectly to be the Alchemically transformed Shiva who is usually portrayed in that form with female breasts and a male phallus.  I'm an initiated alchemical priest/ess and have performed the Alchemical marriage within myself uniting spiritually the male and female parts of the being. 

You need to choose your own path carefully as so much has been done to you, not in your control or by your choice.  Consider that the role you choose for yourself doesn't have to be as narrow and conforming as many might suggest to you.  I'm often the only male at an Alchemical Goddess circle.  Now that I have decent health I'm having a good time.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 01:06:19 PM by Alchemist »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024