Author Topic: I'm certain I have gyno, but I'm not sure if I want surgery  (Read 1870 times)

Offline anometer

I know that I felt two hard disks around the age of 13-14 and so I went to the doctor. She basically laughed and told me that some boys will develop breasts, but it might go away.

After some time, the disks seemed to get less hard but I believe my chest grew in size. I still feel a node, with a lot of lymph tissue nearby. The node that I can feel is about the size of a marble, though not perfectly circular in shape. The largest lymph tissue in the surrounding area feels about the size of a pea and smaller. The lymph tissue seem to be localized from a few cm around nipple, then further along the outer pectoral (the side near my arm), up until my deltoid.

When my nipples are erect, my gynecomastia feels manageable, but when they are puffy, I feel disgusting.

The first picture of me (with the blue covered phone) is at 120 lbs. Here I use good lighting and erect nipples to take an acceptable photo. ~4 years ago
The next two were at 115 lbs. ~ 5 years ago
The last one is me currently around 148 lbs. I realize fat has had an impact on my chest, but I know my gynecomastia is still present. I'm really not sure if I should get the surgery due to many concerns such as scarring, nipple inversion, and recurrence.

Also, although I know I have gynecomastia. Could someone please verify for me? I haven't seen a doctor about it since I noticed the hard disks and became too ashamed to go back. Now, I just want someone to believe me, instead of people telling me it is just fat.

Offline anometer

It wouldn't let me put all my photos at once. Here are the others. These are all recent.

Offline RTPUnderPar

• Posting Member
I'm no expert but I don't think you have it man, especially given the thinner pictures.   How tall are you?  Even the photos at 148 I think most of the members of the forum would be very much happy with a chest look like that.  That said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it's how you feel that counts.  I'll say if my physique looked like any of those photos I'd be concentrating on the ladies and not giving gynecomastia a second thought.  Good luck! 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You look fine, It would be a serious mistake to allow anyone to take a scalpel to that chest.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Minimal gyne -- but if it bothers you, the only alternative would be surgery.  In the meantime, you can wear a firm compression shirt to give you a nice shape.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024