Author Topic: Before And After (11 Days)  (Read 12103 times)

Offline oc_gyno

• Posting Member
Here is the comparison photo of the before and after (11 days). This procedure was covered by my insurance company (Kaiser Permanente). For those who are contemplating, I would recommend that you explore this option and have them tell you flat out that they will not cover it. Total cost to me was $10.

No gland removal was necessary, the surgeon did laser liposuction and I am extremely pleased with the results. It is still a little swollen so I expect the results to be even better.

Any thoughts on how it looks?

Offline jrna

• Posting Member
After only 11 days that is looking pretty good and it can only get better. Well done!

hammer

Offline Tonyp1

• Posting Member
Did you have to meet any special criteria for them to cover it?  Lookin great!

Offline oc_gyno

• Posting Member
Thanks everyone.

Tony, there was no special "criteria" per se. I initially was dismissed by my Kaiser primary care physician who in hindsight had a tendency to dismiss a lot of my concerns. I requested a new PCP and after the 1st visit with him he referred me to a general surgeon who took one look at me and said I did have gynecomastia and would be a good candidate for surgery. He then referred me to the plastic surgeon.

I am 42 years old, 5'9 and 150lbs. I exercise very often so I think the surgeon took these into consideration when determining if they would proceed with the surgery,

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Yours is a great example of how the areola diameter is reduced after gyne surgery in most cases.  That is a question that I am asked a lot.  Obviously the larger diameter is a less masculine look, so most men are hoping to get a significant diameter reduction from the surgery.

Great result!  Congratulations.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
Looks great, congrats!

But let me ask you this, what are all those little scars?  How many 'holes' did the surgeon make for the lipo?

---Bobby

Offline oc_gyno

• Posting Member
Thanks for the laugh, Bobby. The "holes" are a result of my manscaping gone wrong. Shaved my chest a few weeks before the surgery and it got irritated. It is slowly improving and I'll post an updated picture soon. The number of actual incisions made were 4. They are located under the chest area. My surgeon recommended Scarguard for the incisions he made.

Offline ducky

• Posting Member
wow you insurance covered it...are you in USA??

your results are perfect btw...looks good!

Offline oc_gyno

• Posting Member
Thank you, Ducky. I am in Southern California and had the procedure at Kaiser Permanente in Irvine.

Offline hosama

Offline Zenxer

• Bronze Member
  • Mm.. Donuts
Great results, congrats.
My surgery was done on Oct 20th, 2014 by Dr. J. Craig Fielding in Toronto, Ontario.

Offline archosaur

Hi there.  I'm in similar situation in OC - who was the plastic surgeon in Irvine?

Offline oc_gyno

• Posting Member
His name is Dr. Robert Tuchler. He is a great surgeon with excellence bedside manner.

Offline chiguy10

• Posting Member
Looks fantastic.
Congrats.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024