Author Topic: Man boobs..Need some feedback please  (Read 3699 times)

Offline roar

• Posting Member
Hey guys.So i have been going to several doctors andthey have all been telling me one thing:You man boobs ae not that big and will go on their own as you are still young(Im turning 19 in a month).They say surgery is pointless at my age as all it is are hormones and that i should wait until atleast 21.They aslo say i should just be patient.Do you guys agree with what they are saying?Also how severe do they look to you?

ha032742

The picture you've posted is very poor quality (and dark) so it's hard to say how severe,especially as there's only one angle but yes you do have gynaecomastia. Age is not an indication for surgery per se as I know the surgeons who frequent this forum (such as Dr Jacobs) have operated on young adolescents. GPs/primary care physicians often say that gynaecomastia will resolve on its own but this is usually a fallacy, especially if it has been present for a while. How long have you had gynaecomastia?

Offline roar

• Posting Member
Well,ive had them for a while now,i think since i was 12 or 13.Well,all doctors tell me that since my case isnt extrmemely severe,it will go on its own.What do you think?Also,will exercise help in any way?

ha032742

Unfortunately as you've had gynaecomastia for a long time, it is unlikely to resolve without surgery. Although there are members here with larger breasts as a result of gynecomastia, I personally would not say your case is "mild" as your doctors have suggested. Exercise is likely to make the gynaecomastia more prominent as you'll lose some fat in the chest area leaving the glandular tissue or if doing weights, the muscle pushing the glandular tissue further forward...usually surgery is the only way. Surgery is one option but there are members on here who have accepted and in some cases embraced their gynaecomastia.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 07:30:36 AM by ha032742 »

Offline roar

• Posting Member
They didnt say 'mild' they said 'not severe enough to require surgery,especially at such a young age'..wow really?Exercise makes it more prominent?..Well,is there a chance,even a small one,that they may go without surgery?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I disagree with your other docs.  At age 19 and with the gyne that you have, it will not magically disappear in another year or two.  If you don't believe me, then just wait it out.

Dieting and exercising will not make it disappear either -- you would require surgery to achieve a normal appearing chest.

Good luck whichever way you go.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline roar

• Posting Member
Well money is the issue,so its not anytime soon that ill get the surgery,so yes,ill be hoping for that miracle.Oh and how severe is my gyne in your opinion?

Offline Sicko11

• Posting Member
Sorry to say but hell no they won't go away without surgery

Offline roar

• Posting Member
Even with alot of exericise?...19,male and with the moobs in this world where looks are more important than ever..my sex life is going be non existent with my case especially..eish

ha032742

roar, you've posted asking for opinions several times on the forum (including in the past). I've replied to you in this thread and via PM stating that you will very likely need surgery for a "normal" masculine chest as your gynaecomastia has been present for several years. Even a board certified plastic surgeon in Dr Jacobs has stated as much. I'm not sure what it is you expect by repeating the same question?

Sorry if this sounds harsh but either learn to accept your gynaecomastia as some members have on the forum or if it bothers you that much, start saving for surgery.

Offline roar

• Posting Member
Well,im hoping there will be someone,anyone who will read this whose gyno has gone on its own/with exercise,because honestly,i just cant accept surgery is the only option for me.I want to believe there is someone out there who's gyno left at age 19 o 20.This isnt for you to reply,and im not forcing anyone to reply.Im not killing anyone with what im doing though,im just looking for different opinions.Ifyou're frustrated by what im doing,look at who started the thread and anytime you see roar,dont click on it.Good day.

ha032742

Apologies if I've upset you but I think you are doing yourself a disservice with false hope...if 100 people are interviewed and asked whether the Earth is round or flat, you may get one that answers flat. As Dr Jacobs said if you don't believe me, then just wait it out. Again sorry if my post upset you, it was not my intention and I will comply with your wishes.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 05:34:42 AM by ha032742 »

Offline roar

• Posting Member
Im not upset at all.Its just you sounded irritated by it and  was just trying to explain myself.Thanks for the advise though.I know my situation but until i have the money to have the surgery,what else can i do but hope?

Offline henry 41

• Bronze Member
Contrary to the opinions of everyone else here, Here is my observation:

Gynecomastia in boys your age is generally agreed to be caused to some degree by an excess of estrogen in the body, and not enough testosterone, usually due to a lack of regular exercise. I have seen huge gyno nipples in 2 of my adolescent nephews shrink down to normal. In both cases, they had very large swollen nipples like you have, and they were about your age, or a year younger. They both (at different times) started a daily exercise program of military-style calisthenics and running, about an hour per day. As a result of this physical activity, they both became very slim, but with very hard muscles. Their nipples absolutely reduced in size, and became flat. This most likely happened because in a non-muscular body, there is more estrogen produced. When the body becomes a "lean mean machine" from a rigorous exercise program, much more testosterone is produced. That is a fact of science which cannot be refuted or denied. When you have more testosterone than estrogen, secondary sex characteristics such as enlarged breasts atrophy and become much less severe. After the age of nineteen, unfortunately, this method of treatment becomes less effective.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024