Author Topic: Do you think I will need my skin cut for my gyno surgery?  (Read 1881 times)

Offline Shepherd

Hey guys,

So I know I have Gynecomastia as I have been for a review with a doctor.

Currently I am 25 and about 5 foot 9, I weight around 11 stone 10 and I'm around 12-13% bodyfat.

I've got a review with another Doctor in March, I think I will go with this one as its close to my home town so my parents will be able to look after me after my surgery, which i hope to get in July. My parents and girlfriend, both feel I am being silly and that there is nothing wrong with my chest, but I've just become so self conscious about it that I need to do something.

I have attached some imagine. I know I cant get a definite answer from here, but would like some guidance. (I dont have stretch marks on or around my chest)

The question I have is, the last surgeon said that I was borderline and that it was likely, that I would have to get my skin cut back, this is very scary and I cant stop thinking about it. I keep looking at people who have had it way worse and it looks like to me that they haven't had it.

So what do you think?  

(Sorry that they are upside down!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't get them to change around!

Kind Regards

Jack

ha032742

You're young so the skin will have good elasticity so should retract well post-op. Also FYI I doubt you're 12-13% body fat based on your pics.

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
ABSOLOUTELY NOT!!

A simple periareola incision to remove the gland combined with some liposuction should give you great results!

I was in your shoes with a more severe case.  Please read My Story below, specifically skin tightening dilemma I had.

Please do yourself a favor and consult a plastic surgeon who is specialized in G surgery. 

Good luck!
---Bobby
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 01:46:57 PM by Bobby - LAgyne »

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
The two previous posters are absolutely right.  You have a mild case, and you're young with healthy, elastic skin.  A periareolar incision is all you will need.
Good luck!

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Agree with Dr. Pope -- you have a mild to moderate case, you are young and not overweight.  The ideal procedure would involve minimal scars and your skin will tighten up immediately.

There is absolutely no need for you to have an incision to remove skin.  If your surgeon insists on it, then get a second opinion.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024