Author Topic: Before and After  (Read 3043 times)

Offline rfrockets

• Posting Member
I had gyno surgery and liposuction.  These pictures are from 3 days post op when I had the initial bandages removed.  I has now been once week since, and I have had the stitches removed.  I wear 2 compression bands.  One around the chest the other around the waist. 

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member

I had the very same procedures done about a couple of months ago.

Did you have drains? 

Good luck on your recovery!
---Bobby

Offline rfrockets

• Posting Member
Yes, but not much fluid drained out of them. The surgeon said he rolled my stomach really hard after the surgery to remove as much fluid. 

Overall I am very happy.  My nipples are beginning to look normal.  The left one still looks indented quite a bit though.  Hopefully this will change as the weeks go by.  Like everyone here I do not enjoy wearing the compression wraps.  I told most people that I had injured a rib playing sports and needed to wear the wraps all day.  What reason, if any, did you give to friends/coworkers? 

I could not stay away from the gym!  As soon as the drains were out I was doing cardio.  By week 2 I added legs.  Now going into week 3 I have started doing upper body.  I have yet to do chest, but really want to.

hammer

Looking good, but you should still be patiant before pushing yourself to hard, as you don't need to cause any problems at this point!

Good luck on a continued recovery!

Bob

Offline rfrockets

• Posting Member
I'm now 22 days post surgery.  It is extremely hard on the mind to not be lifting weights.  I do cardio, but with these wraps around my chest so tight I cannot do as much as I previously could.  4-6 weeks sounds like a short amount of time, but in reality it is depressingly long.  2 more weeks without lifting weights will be very mentally draining. 

I am wondering the actual consequences though.  As an avid weight lifter, I am use to swelling and my body is probably always in some form of repair since I lift fairly heavy.  I do not feel very swollen at this point.  Is the reasoning to stay away from lifting because it will prolong the swelling?  If so, I'm fine with that.  Or is there the possibility that I cause some actual physical complication? 

I am meeting with my doctor in 2 days, but depend on this site for answers between visits. 

hammer

Just wait until you see your doctor! It wouldn't be very good to do something that would do some kind of injury that could lay you up for even longer!

My personal example, after my first back surgey I still pushed myself once I felt better thinking that I was able to do it, so the first was in 2009. Just one year after that I started to have trouble again so Dec of 2013 I had the 2nd surgery that didn't help any and then on March 9th I had my 3rd! I'm now restricted to no more then 10lbs for 6 months!

My bad back is by fault of my own doing things I should have never done without help! I did them just because I was strong enough to do it on my own! Now with balance problems I need to use walkers because one fall can put me back in more back surgery, so wheelchairs and walkers it is for the past many years and I still screw up!

Give yourself time to heal! Be good to your body and it will be good to you, because when you have your health you have everything!

Offline rfrockets

• Posting Member
It has now been 33 days since my surgery.  I look dramatically different.  People can tell I have lost a lot of weight (3.8L were removed in total).  I recently purchased two binding shirts from Underworks, and they feel great. 

The swelling has gone down quite a bit.  I have some loose skin that needs to be tightened in the abdominal area, but it is slowly tightening.  One nipple looks almost back to normal, but the other still looks odd.  Does anyone know how long this takes to return to normal?  My doctor suggested I massage the area to encourage healing. 

I am now back in the gym full time with the blessing of my doctor.  I am about 60% of pre surgery ability, but am using high rep ranges (20-30 reps/set)

Any comments/recommendations are recommended. 

Offline rfrockets

• Posting Member

Offline rfrockets

• Posting Member

Offline rfrockets

• Posting Member

Offline rfrockets

• Posting Member

Offline s00ntobe

• Silver Member
you have just a bit of loose skin, not really noticeable in my OP, it should tighten up well!

Offline rfrockets

• Posting Member
Any opinion on the nipples?  Is this normal to others who have had the surgery?  I am at 5 weeks post op.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024