Author Topic: Need opinion on post op pics  (Read 2351 times)

Offline wubadub555

Thank you all who are reading this I appreciate the feedback. I'm 21 and have had a large chest ever since I hit puberty. Three weeks ago I got gyne surgery (excision and lypo) hoping to achieve a flatter chest and finally look decent in a t-shirt. What Iv'e noticed so far is that my chest doesn't seem smaller... and am concerned if my gyne is a lot larger than my surgeon thought, or is all that is remaining is muscle and some fat? If it is muscle that causes my large chest why have I had it since puberty if I only started lifting weights a year ago? I'm hoping I'm just over thinking things but I'm around a lot of guys with a flat chest so it's hard not to think I have an underlying problem... I got a photo flexed and unflexed attached, and maybe you can see with my shirt pic the cause for my concern.. thanks!

Offline wubadub555

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Your chest looks pretty good right now.  It would be helpful if you could post some photos taken prior to your surgery -- just for comparison.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You are taking pictures and asking for opinions after only three weeks.  That is totally unrealistic.   You may not see the final result for nearly a year. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline wubadub555

Thanks for the reply everyone, and unfortunately the only before picture I have is front facing and not very useful. You all have helped ease my mind a little and I obviously have weight to lose as well this I know. I have a post op visit in a week so we'll see how things are coming along.

Offline cky2k

• Bronze Member
Hi Mate,

Your results are fantastic, have a browse around the post op forum on this site and you will consider yourself very lucky to be looking so good 3 weeks post op.

I am now almost 3 months post op and still improving each week. It really does take time for the swelling to go down. Give it time and I have no doubt your results will be perfect. Looks to me like the "big" chest you talk about is purely muscle outline.

Keep us posted on how its all going?

DB

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Your postop photos don't look like you have any breast tissue causing protrusion.  Aside from some soft tissue swelling, which I'm sure you have at this early date after surgery, you appear to have pec muscle contour.  Try not to worry - so many patients seem to worry about their early postop appearance.  Follow your surgeon's instructions and be happy that you've gotten through it and are doing well.  You look good.
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline umass20013

• Posting Member
its just swelling man. give it some time. also if you need before pics you can always ask your surgeon to email you them. I'm sure he/she took them during consult

Offline moving_on

• Posting Member
Dude....I see literally nothing to be worried about. I don't know what it looked like before, but that's about as normal of a chest as you can get. I personally have a thicker chest, even though I never paid much mind to it working out when I was younger. If you want the concave/chest doesn't stick past you arms from the side view, that just isn't how you body is. You look fine, calm down. I know I always say it's up to your own perception of yourself, but listen to us telling you you are fine. Easy to get worked up after surgery.
My story and being post-op 12 months now (w/pics)
https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=31215.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024