Author Topic: think this is gyne?  (Read 2663 times)

Offline gyno_bruh

• Posting Member
So i went to see my PCP and she did a basic breast examination with the flat palm of her hand pushing into my chest all around to feel for what she was looking for. I told her that i have pain behind my nipples and they are sensitive. She said she found nothing, but decided to prescribe a breast mammogram and breast ultrasound. both of these procedures cost alot of money and my insurance does not cover these until i reach my deductible. I also am not sure if they are really needed? i think my PCP thinks i may have breast cancer. she did not seem to even consider gynecomastia. so i made an appointment for a free consultation with a local plastic surgeon to see his opinion.  Is there a cheaper way for the plastic surgeon to determine if I do have gynecomastia or not? i thought he can just feel behind the nipple for hard or soft tissue, to determine if its fat or actual breast tissue growth. this would save me money and time. Do you think i should see the plastic surgeon first and that he should be able to diagnose me without the requirement of those expensive tests? i really do not think that my PCP considered gynecomastia or was even aware of how to test for it? as in she did not bother to pinch behind the nipple area to see if theres a difference in feel. there is clearly a difference in the size of my breasts around the nipple area as well as pain, which i described.

hammer

You need to follow your primary care doc before you do anything else, but I doubt you have cancer! 

Offline gyno_bruh

• Posting Member
You need to follow your primary care doc before you do anything else, but I doubt you have cancer!

yea i saw the plastic surgeon and he said he highly doubts its cancer. he also said the chances of breast cancer are near 0% and he definitely doesnt think it is that. he explained he thinks its minor gynecomastia.

i just got back from my appointment with the plastic surgeon. it was a free consultation. he did nearly the same thing as my PCP by using the flat of his fingers to push down against my chest to feel around my nipples.
he did NOT pinch behind or seem to try to feel around and behind the nipple. is this common for doctors to not try and pinch behind the nipple area?
i explained that they have been sensitive for around 6 months. he said he did not feel alot of extra breast tissue and that i am skinny enough where if he did surgery that he would not need to do liposuction, just remove part of the gland and shape it so there is no crater. he said due to my low weight he would probably not need any drains, just 2 weeks of tight bandages compressed around my chest area. and to take 1 month off of weight lifting.
but when he examined my nipple area, i was also lying back at and angle. and when lying on my back it is more difficult to see the shape of my breasts. i feel when i am standing up straight or sitting up straight then the chest shape is easier to see.
he did tell me that he does not make money in telling me this. and then he said that if i were his son he would suggest i hold off on deciding to do surgery. he only said he would feel the surgery is needed if i continue to have tenderness and pain. also that because he would be leaving some breast tissue so as to allow for proper shape, that the tenderness may not be resolved with surgery. he said to wait 6 months before i decide, to see if the pain will go away or get worse.
i am in my mid 20's.

hammer

You do need some tissue so you don't have a hole or a concave chest, as he said, so it sounds like you have a good handle on the situation, that is good!

Good luck
Bob

Offline gyno_bruh

• Posting Member
You do need some tissue so you don't have a hole or a concave chest, as he said, so it sounds like you have a good handle on the situation, that is good!

Good luck
Bob

ok thanks yea, it does make sense that i need some tissue. as i believe everyone has a small pea sized gland there, unless it has grown.
and mine seem to be much larger than a pea. but i really do not feel comfortable with the size of mine now. i will wait a few months like he suggested, and in the meantime work on dropping around 10 to 15 lbs. to see if it makes it more clear or not.

hammer

Good luck
Bob

ok thanks yea, it does make sense that i need some tissue. as i believe everyone has a small pea sized gland there, unless it has grown.
and mine seem to be much larger than a pea. but i really do not feel comfortable with the size of mine now. i will wait a few months like he suggested, and in the meantime work on dropping around 10 to 15 lbs. to see if it makes it more clear or not.

Thank the good Lord that's all you have! Due to health issues and the lose of my testicles after a vasectomy mine grow out of control! I had gyno as a young man but now at 58 I wear a 46H bra to support them! I've learn to accept, and my wife and family are very supportive! Having been through 8 other surgeries 2 being total knee replacements and 3 major back surgeries I feel no need to have bilateral mastectomy!

Offline walt

• Gold Member
hello , I  have had a mammogram and ultrasound as well as bi yearly breast exams by my PC , I have well developed breast tissue with the usual adipose tissue and developed milk glands the gland disc is well over 3inches across and I have problems  with cysts in the milk ducts that grow pop and drain.i am not willing to go under the knife for my breasts , the wife likes them and I am comfy with my self. so all I can say is if you are not comfortable in your own skin then its your choice.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024