Author Topic: 19 and working out! Gyno?  (Read 4503 times)

Offline Am6npillay

I think, I have gyno. Im 19 years old, dont have too much fat. I have been working out the last couple of months. I do about 40-50 push ups every day. When I flex my chest, it seems solid from the upper side. But my nipples look feminine.
Also, when my nipples are erect or hardened, in a shower or cold, they look perfect, and they actually look like pecs!
Can my gyno look better with me working out, and may be if I develop abs?

Offline Am6npillay

Bump. Guys could you please explain my situation? Also what stage of gynecomastia, do you think I have?
Any response will be really appreciated!

Offline bluestrudels

• Posting Member
Hi OP,

You might want to read this post from one of the fitness bloggers I follow.
He too suffered from gynecomastia, but he's a fitness advocate that teaches folks like us how to dis-illusion the droopy chest by focusing muscle building on other parts of the body. Hope this info will help you.

Nonetheless, if this really bothers you, you should still seek advise from a medical professional ie your family doctor.

http://skinnyfattransformation.com/man-boobs/
  • Gynecomastia = Man boobs as a result of GLANDULAR TISSUE.
  • “Regular” man boobs = Man boobs as a result of FAT TISSUE.
Gynecomastia cannot be fixed through diet and exercise because it consists of glandular tissue in the lower part of your chest and not fat.
You can burn fat through diet and exercise, but you can’t burn the gland.

Gynecomastia comes in different degrees ranging from minor to severe and the gland is located in the lower part of your chest.
This gives your chest the appearance of man boobs, since the gland “pushes” out your nipple and makes it puffy.
The puffy nipples are especially visible when you wear a tight t shirt, sit down or when you are in humid or hot weather.
In contrast, they are barely visible when it’s windy, cold or you have just been in the water.
To check for gynecomastia, simply put two of your fingers around your nipple and squeeze. (Put the fingers right behind the nipple like in my picture below):

If you can feel a gland moving inside, you have gynecomastia.
After checking for gynecomastia, you will fall into one of the 4 groups listed below:
  • Group 1: Those of you that do not have gynecomastia.
  • Group 2: Those of you who have MINOR-MODERATE gynecomastia and who have had it for less than 2 years.
  • Group 3: Those of you who have MINOR-MODERATE gynecomastia and who have had it for over 2 years.
  • Group 4: Those of you who have SEVERE gynecomastia.
I made a distinction between group 2 and 3 because gynecomastia can only be reversed if you’ve had it for less than 2 years.
In other words, group 2 can get rid of their gynecomastia naturally, but group 3 and 4 require plastic surgery to get rid of the gland.
  • If you’re in group 2 you can reverse your gynecomastia by boosting your natural testosterone production and possibly drugs (consult with your endocrinologist for prescriptions).
  • If you’re in group 3 you can build a GOOD chest without plastic surgery, but you can’t build a GREAT chest since the gland will still be there.
  • If you’re in group 4 you should lose weight, clean up your diet and get the plastic surgery as soon as possible.
However, regardless of what group you’re in, you should first treat the underlying cause of the gynecomastia: HORMONES.
For group 2, that might be all it takes to get rid of the gland.
For group 3, fixing hormones through diet and exercise can build a GOOD chest and then you can get the surgery if you want to “upgrade” it to a GREAT chest.
For group 4, fixing hormones is required before getting surgery, otherwise the gynecomastia might come back again…

Offline Am6npillay

Thanks a lot for your reply mate!
However I went to a gynecologist with my mother. Even before, I removed my shirt, she seemed to be frowning, when I said that I thought I had gynecomastia.
After removing my shirt, she said that I was thinking too much, and such a chest was pretty common. Also, she said that, it was not gynecomastia. So I was like, is it psedo? So she she then said "yes". 
After that my mom refused, to discuss anything about my gyno. My mom said that this professional consultation was enough, to confirm that my chest was normal.
This is so frustrating. Because every guy I see, including pretty fat guys, have less prominent looking chest, and their nipples look hard, and solid compared to mine.
So despite everything, I have to ask? Do I actually not have gyno? Or is my gynecologist wrong, and simply shrugging it off because it is a minor case?
Any response will be seriously appreciated, as I really am in a dilemma.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I personally do not like the distinction between True and Pseudo Gynecomastia.  I think it presents a false image.  The truth is that we all have both glandular tissue and we all have fat.  At what percentage of one or the other do you differentiate between the two? And how do you propose to tell the difference?  Skilled surgeons do not know the answer to those questions until the surgery is over and they look to see what they have.
Your Photographs are not conclusive, at least to me.  But at this point I tend to agree with the Doctor you saw previously.   At the same time, the condition is quite common and medical opinions vary widely.  At what point do you start to call the breast enlarged?  Another question that cannot be answered objectively. 
Hopefully one of the Surgeons will weigh in on this soon. If not, post the question again with more and hopefully better pictures. Natural poses are best.  Do not do anything to exaggerate the breasts if you want a truly objective response. 
Good Luck. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline Cristalis

• Silver Member
Gynecologist? You mean endocrinologist perhaps!? Yeah, i think you have some glands under those areolas, side pictures too would have been welcomed for a better assess. Your mom should listen more to you and support you. She needs to understand and maybe read more about this. Let her read our comments if necessary.

I have a mild case and when my gyno developed wt the age of puberty my mom took me to doctors. Some said im fine and that i dont have nothing, some felt and recognised that i have glandular  tissue right away. Im so sorry that we didnt had good endocrinologist s in my town to put me on some estrogen receptor drugs, maybe at that time would have helped me to get rid of this condition but if you have it more than one year its there to stay whatever medicine you take. I feel and i know that my life would have been better without them, more better. Im 40 years old now and im considering surgery but afraid of a bad outcome.

I like you have nice man looking areolas when im in a cold environment or when out of cold water or when pinching and stimulating my niples. When im on a beach i always stay in the cold water or pinch my niples. When they enlarge back to normal they look puffy and womanish, i hate it.

Some people have mild cases and dont care but some are so bothered by this that quality of life is very affected. Your mom need to understand this!! Search youtube for gyno surgery vids, there are people who barely have something and they do the surgery anyway, you can show your mom those vids, she will see the glands and whats in there.

Good luck brother!

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
You should post better photos - several views, and preferably taken by someone else so your arms are not outstretched.
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024