Author Topic: Just a simple thanks  (Read 1636 times)

Dudewithboobs

I feel this forum has seen a surge of energy in the recent weeks, and today felt like every time I hit the refresh button there was something new posted or replied to. It's exciting to see. When I first became a member, I had just stumbled upon the forum after seeing my GP and him telling me what was causing the itching and soreness and couldn't believe it. Like, how? Googling gynecomastia, I came across a lot of things, but one was a forum that seemed honestly legit about the condition. And while I saw many like myself, asking everyone if this is fat or gyno, who had flat chests, I felt more at peace thinking well that looks like me, maybe it's nothing to worry about. Then a year or two passes and things got larger, and as my chest took on a different shape, a different weight, the issues and insecurities were high. My wife kept saying it's all in my head, but it wasn't. 

This forum helped me in every moment of insecurity and anxiety. When my breasts grew more I found it was easy to deal with cause I could just log in here share some responses to threads, or vent a concern, and the community here would always be supportive and helpful. It's pretty hard to not say this forum is the source of why I'm confident with my breasts now. Why at a full b cup, i know it's not that much, but am still fine taking my shirt off, or going braless, and how i've become so comfortable in a bra in almost all areas of life, is cause of how much I came to this site and read peoples views/opinions/tips/etc. on wearing a bra. 

I've shared some things in DM's and shared things here, and to everyone I've talked to in responses or messages, it's been such a blessing. Never in my life did I think I'd be at the store buying bras. Or other items as my opinion on some things changed and became more welcoming of things. I'd argue to the ceiling how contaminated this forum was getting, just to end up giving what I'd argue a shot, and going yeah they were right lol. This forum hasn't only helped me grow in that regard, but has really helped me not just accept what I see in the mirror with my chest, but enjoy what I see. 

All that to say, some have gone since I've joined, some have stayed, others have joined. I've gone and come back a few times, and seen others as well, and it's continued to be a great community. Very excited as the year goes, and the few new faces continue sparking conversations and topics, to see how many more come here and leave whether as a user or lurker, feeling better about themselves because of what they got when visiting here. 

Brdy64

I feel this forum has seen a surge of energy in the recent weeks, and today felt like every time I hit the refresh button there was something new posted or replied to. It's exciting to see. When I first became a member, I had just stumbled upon the forum after seeing my GP and him telling me what was causing the itching and soreness and couldn't believe it. Like, how? Googling gynecomastia, I came across a lot of things, but one was a forum that seemed honestly legit about the condition. And while I saw many like myself, asking everyone if this is fat or gyno, who had flat chests, I felt more at peace thinking well that looks like me, maybe it's nothing to worry about. Then a year or two passes and things got larger, and as my chest took on a different shape, a different weight, the issues and insecurities were high. My wife kept saying it's all in my head, but it wasn't.

This forum helped me in every moment of insecurity and anxiety. When my breasts grew more I found it was easy to deal with cause I could just log in here share some responses to threads, or vent a concern, and the community here would always be supportive and helpful. It's pretty hard to not say this forum is the source of why I'm confident with my breasts now. Why at a full b cup, i know it's not that much, but am still fine taking my shirt off, or going braless, and how i've become so comfortable in a bra in almost all areas of life, is cause of how much I came to this site and read peoples views/opinions/tips/etc. on wearing a bra.

I've shared some things in DM's and shared things here, and to everyone I've talked to in responses or messages, it's been such a blessing. Never in my life did I think I'd be at the store buying bras. Or other items as my opinion on some things changed and became more welcoming of things. I'd argue to the ceiling how contaminated this forum was getting, just to end up giving what I'd argue a shot, and going yeah they were right lol. This forum hasn't only helped me grow in that regard, but has really helped me not just accept what I see in the mirror with my chest, but enjoy what I see.

All that to say, some have gone since I've joined, some have stayed, others have joined. I've gone and come back a few times, and seen others as well, and it's continued to be a great community. Very excited as the year goes, and the few new faces continue sparking conversations and topics, to see how many more come here and leave whether as a user or lurker, feeling better about themselves because of what they got when visiting here.
They energy here has been amazing.
I haven't been 'entering' the site very long even though I had been signed up for awhile.
I just kept thinking I could handle it alone. 
I did check-in and read the posts without logging-in. I thought I could never accept my breasts like everyone else, let alone learn to 'Love' them. 
The social worker at the center persuaded me to log-in and participate, so I did. It was such a relief to 'get things off my chest' so to speak. 
My enthusiasm apparently startled some people, and for that I am truly sorry. It has been about 45 years that I 'carried that extra weight'. 
I believe I have done quite well. I lost some friends here in Texas because of my accepting my breasts, but I gained some great online friends. 
I have learned a lot, and grown. Accepted and learned to love my breasts. Learned a great deal about bras, and of course ventured into the 'women's section' at the mall. 😍
I'm happy, and my girls are happy and well supported. 
It's been 'one giant leap'. 

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
Great post, DWB, and timely.

This forum has altered my life. I joined for different reasons than most, not suffering from pain or discomfort or from sudden unexplained growth or from breasts too large to be hidden. Rather it was anxiety about what was in store for me and my moobs due to other factors. In the meantime I was given cause to ask myself about certain things that had become apparent here and that resulted in a very lengthy and detailed self-analysis. I finally realized a fundamental truth about myself that I needed to reconcile, at least with myself, and I am now a different person as a result. My new-found self-acceptance includes my moobs, but is mainly about my brain. I am now happy to officially be considered as Questioning.

What helped is something that we all recognize. The catharsis of writing about personal stuff, whether one-on-one in a DM or publicly here. It is actually for that reason that I am retreating a little bit from this forum. My life hasn't changed direction but the changes I am letting myself experience now are speeding up in that direction. It would be inappropriate for me to unload on what is, after all, a forum for dealing with gynecomastia, with stuff not connected to that. I'll still be around, and I hope taxmapper's photography thread in the Lounge takes off; I can see myself spending some time there.

Birdy Num Num, ;) I LOVE the energy you have brought to this place. Keep it up!

aboywithgirls

As a woman, it's easy for me to say " You have boobs, you should wear a bra!". I've been wearing a bra for so long, I tend to forget that society tries to dictate what normal is. I have yet to meet anyone who is normal. Is it normal for a man to go bald? Some do and some don't. Is it normal to have blue eyes???? I started wearing a bra full time when I was 16. Some girls in my class were completely flat chested.

Dude,
Anytime you want to chat, please DM me. 

Your sister,
Sophie 🤗 

Offline blad

I was confident that I was destine to wear a bra for the rest of my life before finding this forum. But it is definitely great to share views with others who find they also benefit from wearing a bra.

Before the internet age I felt more isolated in my management of breast development. But I did quickly connect the dots of function follows form; if you have breasts you may benefit from a bra. Wearing a bra helped me to be at peace with having breasts.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Brdy64

Yeah, normal has become subjective at this point. I recall not that long ago normal to me was guys wear this girls wear that if ya swap it’s crossdressing no excuses no judgment but no excuses lol. I say that as I spent about 100.00 this morning at Walmart on new bras, undies, pants and tank tops from the women’s dept. this forum has helped me grow now just my acceptance in self with wearing a bra but perspective and maturity in realizing if you’re just being you and finding something else comfortable and changing nothing more than your clothes than have at it.

Having breasts has been a concern of the past and comfort of the present and it’s due to this forum and it’s great contributors who welcome all and create a space for many to share what may be and if one disagrees they just come back another day
We need to wear what 'fits' our bodies. If it's the women's section, so be it. 😉
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 03:41:04 PM by 💁 ♂️ Birdie »

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
I feel this forum has seen a surge of energy in the recent weeks, and today felt like every time I hit the refresh button there was something new posted or replied to. It's exciting to see. When I first became a member, I had just stumbled upon the forum after seeing my GP and him telling me what was causing the itching and soreness and couldn't believe it. Like, how? Googling gynecomastia, I came across a lot of things, but one was a forum that seemed honestly legit about the condition. And while I saw many like myself, asking everyone if this is fat or gyno, who had flat chests, I felt more at peace thinking well that looks like me, maybe it's nothing to worry about. Then a year or two passes and things got larger, and as my chest took on a different shape, a different weight, the issues and insecurities were high.
I had a similar experience when I got my first mammogram, due to what I thought was breast cancer.  The radiologist was a guy and, after reviewing the scans, told me no signs of an cancer.  He said I had gynecomastia in breasts.  I went back to my friend, the surgeon, an he explained what that meant.  His PA suggested that I begin wearing support and wrote a note on her prescription pad.  I gave it to my wife and all was good.  Went out for a good walk today.  88 degrees, so wore a jog bra and a loose fitting tee shirt.  Both were pretty soaked when I got home.  Love the warm weather, but it does create issues.

Kazmage

That's pretty much what I did the SA asked me if I knew what size I was after * as I had shopped there before for the Mrs * and suggested she looks it up in the computer
I turned towards her and said I am shopping for myself 
She didn't miss a beat and what followed was my first fitting 
I don't hesitate to go in now as I am always welcome I even had the SA ask me If a pair of undies i was buying was comfortable 
I thank Sophie for helping me overcome my worries 

Offline WPW717

• Silver Member
It would seem to be a convergence of sorts.

I had a fitting at Torrid last Saturday

Nerves were oh high alert but the anxiety was not too long lived

The SA measured me with my shirt and athletic bra on. I have done it nude. Odd we both got the same numbers … 44 band& 50 1/2 bust.

She said that the cup should be a D.
My thoughts also using a bra calculator, BUT, so much for male chests being uniform. The garments tried on were best fitting as a large B cup. Or in the ‘ fruit method ‘ I am a large grapefruit or a small Mellon.

Mammogram this Thursday to rule out a neoplasm or cancer.

Strange trip developing a set of breasts, and after a few months here there is a ‘ you’re not alone and here’s what some others done’

I felt good after departing the store.

Regards, Bob 
Regards, Bob

Brdy64

It's quite the experience isn't it?
I'm planning on another trip to Torrid next Saturday, but this time just to browse. 
Maybe I'll find something off the clearance shelf 😍

Brdy64

"My fear was always professional fitting and social media posting of omg I had this guy come in to my job today and…"
I guess I wouldn't mind them making their social media posts as long as they didn't snap a photo 😳

"Some guy came in wearing D cups, and here is his picture"

Oh no, that wouldn't be cool! 😳

Brdy64

Yeah no joke lol. I workin in event industry and marketing and between the two jobs and my wife being very active in the community and having a business as well there’s just a lot of that risk I care not to try for lol. We have two torrids here and she goes to both often and I go with her sometimes when we are out doing errands and last thing I’d need is her coming back like sooooo babe I was at torrid and the sales associate mentioned you were in there buying a bra but it wasn’t my size so I have questions lol
Especially if the size is 'bigger' 🙄

My daughter pokes fun at me because I wear a larger cup than her. By about 2 cup sizes 😳

Offline taxmapper

Yeah no joke lol. I workin in event industry and marketing and between the two jobs and my wife being very active in the community and having a business as well there’s just a lot of that risk I care not to try for lol. We have two torrids here and she goes to both often and I go with her sometimes when we are out doing errands and last thing I’d need is her coming back like sooooo babe I was at torrid and the sales associate mentioned you were in there buying a bra but it wasn’t my size so I have questions lol
Especially if the size is 'bigger' 🙄

My daughter pokes fun at me because I wear a larger cup than her. By about 2 cup sizes 😳
My other half is mad because mine are perkier than hers and I have a larger bra collection! 

Brdy64

With me growing bigger breasts was a major problem for my wife, we are separated.
It has not been a problem at all with my daughter. 🤔

She seems to enjoy it more than I do, and I am really loving the fact that my boobs are growing again. Well, except for the soreness and discomfort. 😳

If I listened to my daughter I would be wearing a pink summer dress and in heels 😳

So I guess dialogue has been 'too good' 🤔
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 12:47:57 PM by 💁 ♂️ Birdie »

Brdy64

My other half is mad because mine are perkier than hers and I have a larger bra collection!
Lol, gravity has not been kind to me. I look down, and my boobs are 'looking down'. 😬

Must be nice to have perky ones 🤔

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024