Author Topic: how much gland to remove?  (Read 4146 times)

Offline tbb82

• Posting Member
Hi,

I was under the impression that once the glandular tissue was gone, thats that, and it can't return. Good news. BUT I read on the internet that its bad practice for the surgeon to remove ALL the glandular tissue as the nipple can loose it blood supply and die? It says a  small button of glandular tissue should be left behind the nipple. My question really, is, is this true - should I be worried that my surgeon says he is removing all the gland?

Thankyou

Tim

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Don't know if it's possible to remove all the breast tissue with one surgery.  That's one of the reasons people get a 2nd surgery.  Good news is PS understand this and most (all 3 that I talked to) will meet with you a year later to decide if any "tough up" work is necessary, and they will do it for FREE.  I suppose the more breast tissue that's removed, the less tissue there is for hormones to act on. Yes, it is possible to remove too much.  Sounds like a contradiction to what i previously said, but it's not.  This is where a skilled surgeon comes in.

Move this thread to the "Gynecomastia Talk" section and you'll get better responses.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I have read that if the surgeon removes too much gland and or fat tissue, you could end up with a concave chest. That, would not be good.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 04:07:43 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024