Author Topic: any good surgeons in DFW?  (Read 3138 times)

Offline boomheadshot

• Posting Member
Hey guys I'm looking for a good surgeon in the DFW Texas area...here's my story. I've been flat chested my whole life up until about a year ago. I developed what the plastic surgeon (Dr. Robert C Bledsoe Jr. in Grapevine, Texas) told me was a level 1 of gynecomastia. My pecs are completely normal and flat everywhere except for under my nipple. The surgeon suggested I look into anti-estrogens since I have such a small case. Dr. Bledsoe also told me to find another suregon basically because he has had issues performing the surgery in the past. I went to my pediatrician and had my hormone levels checked and i found out i have low testoterone levels. This shocks me because I'm well built and I've been athletic my whole life. My dad had very bad gyno ever since he was a child (he was an obese child) and my mom has told me he always had ''titties''. Well the Pediatrician couldn't prescribe me Nolvadex (the anti-estrogen i'm sure you know more about than me) because she told me I would have to go through an endocrinologist first. My appointment with the endo is this coming tuesday march 14th. My pediatrician told me that he might possibly give me testosterone injections and that the use of anti-estrogens will have little to no effect on my gynecomastia since it is familial. My gynecomastia really bothers me because up until last year I went shirtless all the time. I'd get comments about my physique and ever since the gyno has hit me it has greatly effected my social life and self-esteem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. And just so you know I have never smoked pot or used steroids so I know that is not the cause. I believe it is familial since my dad had it too even though his case was much worse. I also noticed that whenever my nipples harden or get cold they get very small and my chest looks normal as well when this happens.

the first is with my nipples completely normal (this is when they puff out and show through my shirt)

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a214/puddinb0y/gynecomastia002.jpg

the second is when my nipples are hard or stimulated:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a214/puddinb0y/cxvxve.jpg

the last photo is a close up of my left nipple to show you how it puffs out:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a214/puddinb0y/gynecomastia003.jpg

Offline Texan

• Bronze Member
  • Everythings Bigger In Texas
It's funny to me how that can bother you...but it's not my job to give my opinion on it either. You're nipples arent large, like mine, and I couldnt tell you had gyne from the front pics, the close up shows it a little bit though.

Richard J Burkett, MD  
2801 Bolton Boone Dr Suite 105  
Desoto, TX 75115  

I'm having surgery with this PS in about 2 weeks.

What he told me is, he'll remove the hard tissue under the nipple by making an incision along the bottom of my nipple, about the length of a thumbnail. The lypo he'll be doing on my breasts will involve one incision on each breast near my armpits, so it will be almost unnoticable.  
The comments on this procedure have been positive.

The nurse said that if my insurance helps pay for the surgery we'd have to spend $2,000 from our pocket. If the insurance doesnt help pay then she said she can get the surgery to about $4,500.

All that info is from a thread i started not too long ago.
Man Boobs Gone In 3 Weeks.
Hopefully It All Works Out.

Offline boomheadshot

• Posting Member
wow...you don't think i've had problems with this?

I'm in great shape because I've pushed my body very hard to get that way. The only thing that distorts my image is the gyno i have. I really don't appreciate you telling me "i don't know how that bothers you". I know you think I don't know what it feels like...but I do. I never had gyno till last year and as soon as I got it people told me I had b!tch breasts. My nipples stick through my shirts so trust me...I know how it feels. There's a lump under both my nipples and it hurts to touch it..so yes...I'm getting it cut out and then I'm going to have the PS put it in a bag or jar so that later on I can burn it.

Offline brahms

• Posting Member
Yeah try Dr. Kenkel or Dr. Schwartz!  

Does Kenkel or Schwartz put temporary drains in the surgical incision post-surgery?  Or do they just suture you up and send you out the door with a fancy looking bandage?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024