Author Topic: Just to clear my head...  (Read 6374 times)

Offline Danosaur

• Bronze Member
It seems me and my brother have the worse jeans, but brother has bad psoriasis, I turn out short (5'8'') with possible gyno...lol

any way I weigh 155...and I have probably ~20% BF if the thing was accurate at the gym the other day...

ive been working out for like 2-3 months, lost about 13 lbs..but I am afraid that I have gyno.  Around the nipple, the tissue kinda feels hard.  I can live with a little but judging by the pictures how much do you think will go away with I drop my body fat to like 15%

These progress shots were taken in a 3 week span.

Thanks for all advice!

Offline Danosaur

• Bronze Member
I have "2 face" nipples, sometimes they are really embarassing when I am really hot, but right out of the shower, they look like the picture..

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Danosaur.....

Or should I call you 'Elephant Man'....  ;)

Dude... take some more pics at different angles. A frontal shot and a LHS shot would be good.

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
Danosaur.....

Or should I call you 'Elephant Man'....  ;)

Dude... take some more pics at different angles. A frontal shot and a LHS shot would be good.

John.

I agree with John............ 8)
This is a great site and all should be proud to take part........

Offline Danosaur

• Bronze Member
K..pictures included, how much of this will go away when I lose more weight will the chest look bad? anybody lift weights and have gyno?

Offline Danosaur

• Bronze Member
and no I didnt gain weight since the pictures, I just ate a really big dinner, and the pictures in the 3 seriers were taken at the end of my work out.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
ok the last 2/3 pics suggest definite gland presence in excess.

your posture in the first 3 looks similar to mine (ie. slight scoliosis= spine curvature).

im banking on no amount of fat loss getting rid of those ... definitely a reduction, but I think it seems to be the kind of gyne thats gonna look more obvious as you drop the weight.

- my 2c
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 05:43:44 PM by tonysoprano »
... and the saga continues

Offline Danosaur

• Bronze Member
I dont realy have an issue with having it, its how it will look when I take my shirt off

If I work on building the lower chest you think it will even out to look?  

I do not want to have surgery, but I dont want to be embarassed to take my shirt off.  

I can feel where the gyne tissue is and it doesnt really seem to be in that area

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
how old are you , are u taking any meds , do u use roids or drugs?  have u seen a gp or had blood tests>?

based on the last 2 pics - you will only get rid of it via surgery if thats what u want ultimately...

from what it looks like, Id imagine it'd be pretty noticeable under a regular light-coloured t-shirt.

ps: building pecs (especially via decline bench) will only push the gland out further and make you look worse....

the first step is to try drop some weight (dont get yourself too unnaturally thin) , and see a doctor for further advice , re referral to an endocrinologist (not always necessary, if you can get the right bloodwork done instead) or referral to a shrink or a plastic surgeon....

maybe someone else here has a better idea they can chime in with.

luck pal.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 05:52:56 PM by tonysoprano »

Offline Danosaur

• Bronze Member
I am 17, no drugs no steroids...

its not really that noticible under a light t-shirt...sometimes. I always double up on t shirts, and wear polo's now.  When it was really bad I used to wear 2 t shirts AND a button down.  

I REALLY would NOT like surgery..cost, embarassing to tell the family and stuff, and the risk...Its kind of embarassing to go see a doctor becuase what can they tell me that I already dont know.  And the apointment will be kind of awkward.

I am comtinuing to drop weight, and I know thoes pictures dont surve justice.  I sware I had a big dinner...lol  Yesterday I was 155 and 5'8''.

What would be the best way to build the chest to "hide" it as best as possible

and I assume with out surgery there is NO way around when your doing push ups and you got your pair of madonna's haning out there..

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
With training , you don't want  to focus on chest too much , just do a balanced workout hitting all muscle groups. I would stick to incline. And maybe some flys as well.

Keep the poundage down focusing on reps rather than your one rep max.  ;D

Building alot of muscle in that area is not going to help and perhaps make it worse as tony said.

The main thing to do is cardio , running cycling etc. Circuit training is great for burning that fat off as well. In fact I would emphasise more than the weights.Include pressups in the circuit as although I doubt they will help, they are a great upper body exercise and  I seriously doubt they will make your chest worse.... you are using your own bodyweight so it is not a mass builder.Getting really skinny won't help just work out and eat right.

I understand that you don't want to do down the surgery route. Exercise may help reduce the gyno  but it is a coarse tool and there are no guarantees.If it is mainly gland then really surgery is the only option, although maybe give exercise a go for a bit see what happens. You are seventeen so there is a chance that it might get better ina couple of years but it is getting pretty late.

Doctors tend to have a better attitude to this kind of stuff now and many on this board were pleasantly suprised how easy it all once when they got in the office. I would get a blood test done and maybe get a docs opinion if it is gland or fat as photos can be a bit deceptive at times.

Some people with gyno are helped by diet and exercise and some aren't and really if the gyne is still bothering you after you are in shape then really surgery is really the only option to be honest.

Offline Danosaur

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the good reply...I am a fan of HIIT traning, on the EFX (eliptical) I do like 1 minute of high intensity high incline, one minute off...for 12-15 mniutes

its worked for the times i've done it

I've actualy never heard of "Circuit training"...care to inform me?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Some people with gyno are helped by diet and exercise and some aren't and really if the gyne is still bothering you after you are in shape then really surgery is really the only option to be honest.

Ditto!   ;)

At one time, I dropped my weight down to 148 pounds standing at 6 feet. Man, that was some skinny! However, the majority of the gyne remained :-/. Moobs on a skinny guy looked worse than moobs on a heavier guy. So.... the weight went back on to camouflage the unsightlies.

John.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 03:40:45 PM by Bambu »

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
Thanks for the good reply...I am a fan of HIIT traning, on the EFX (eliptical) I do like 1 minute of high intensity high incline, one minute off...for 12-15 mniutes

its worked for the times i've done it

I've actualy never heard of "Circuit training"...care to inform me?

Circuit training is  where you get a group of exercises using your own body weight and do them as fast as possible , doing as many reps at a time .You go from exercise to exercise until you have done a set. You then take a brief rest say for a minute and then do the circuit again.

e.g    pressups 20
        situps       40

Burpees   20
          pullups    6
do this take a rest for min and do again. Repeat three times.

Then do a sprint if you wish to finsh off. Also make sure you leave a while after eating before doing this or you will be wearing your breakfast or lunch , if you are doing this right.  ;).It's not a nice way to train but is very effective and make sure you warm up first.

I forgot to mention I had a pretty bad case of gyno , and I was lucky enough to see  a  very good benefit from training like this.Only have a slight problem left now.

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
I agree.  A solid work-out routine plus weight-loss and you'll look like a champ.

That would save you several thousand bucks plus a sore throat from anesthesia.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024