Author Topic: the day after  (Read 2593 times)

Offline 999

• Posting Member
  • dr levick fan club member
Had op 1.45pm yesterday, it was a breeze.  Thought I would be dead nervous but I was talked through everything and felt really calm.  No nerves at all.  All staff involved in the operating room were spot on.  

Arrived at The Priory at 12.30, completed paperwork, had blood tests, introdcued to anaethetist, Mr Levick came for a quick chat between ops.  He'd just finished flattening out the guy next door.

Being knocked out was no probs, least to be worried about.  I came round in the recovery room ok.  I was back in my room by 3.45pm.

Levick states I had 200g of fat and 80g of gristel removed from each side (he said that was quite a lot).

I had to be wrapped in bandages and my compression vest only, as I'm allergic to plasters.  It's very tight.  Chest very swollen, bruising doesn't feel too bad (yet).  Restricted movement in my arms at the mo, only to be expected.  No real bad pain, hope it stays that way....

Drains were removed first thing this morning.  Was very anxious about this, but again no need.  Slightly uncomfortable.

Being taking painkillers every 4 hours and been given antibiotics from the hospital.

Travelled home at lunchtime today, 3 hour drive.  My wife stayed over in Beechwood Hotel round the corner on Bristol Road.  Definitely do not recommend it!!

Taken some pre op photos, will take post op in a couple of days.  Will post them soon as.

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
Had op 1.45pm yesterday, it was a breeze.  Thought I would be dead nervous but I was talked through everything and felt really calm.  No nerves at all.  All staff involved in the operating room were spot on.  

Arrived at The Priory at 12.30, completed paperwork, had blood tests, introdcued to anaethetist, Mr Levick came for a quick chat between ops.  He'd just finished flattening out the guy next door.

Being knocked out was no probs, least to be worried about.  I came round in the recovery room ok.  I was back in my room by 3.45pm.

Levick states I had 200g of fat and 80g of gristel removed from each side (he said that was quite a lot).

I had to be wrapped in bandages and my compression vest only, as I'm allergic to plasters.  It's very tight.  Chest very swollen, bruising doesn't feel too bad (yet).  Restricted movement in my arms at the mo, only to be expected.  No real bad pain, hope it stays that way....

Drains were removed first thing this morning.  Was very anxious about this, but again no need.  Slightly uncomfortable.

Being taking painkillers every 4 hours and been given antibiotics from the hospital.

Travelled home at lunchtime today, 3 hour drive.  My wife stayed over in Beechwood Hotel round the corner on Bristol Road.  Definitely do not recommend it!!

Taken some pre op photos, will take post op in a couple of days.  Will post them soon as.

Congrats,

Get some photos up before and after........

All the best 8)

« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 09:20:02 AM by crow »
This is a great site and all should be proud to take part........

Offline Sean

• Posting Member
  • Gyne Removed by Mr. Levick- 19/07/06
Fair Play man! Happy healing!

1 question: Do you think you really needed someone there the next day? Im flying over from Dublin and will get a taxi from the airport.

Thanks,

Sean.

Offline 999

• Posting Member
  • dr levick fan club member
hi sean,

no you wont need anyone with you as long as you travel light, my wife wanted to be there ,also she drove home (through birmingham would you belive).

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024