Author Topic: haha, everyone here is fat  (Read 14938 times)

Offline remyrem6

• Posting Member
has anybody else realised that almost everyone on this site that puts up pictures of their breasts has a high bodyfat? There are a lot of fatties on this site, which ultimately makes your gyne look worse. lol is it that you guys are not as strict because you figure you will lose the fat after u get your gynecomastia taken care of since you wont be able to workout for about 3-4 weeks? Just curious, bc that was how I was :D. My bodyfat is about 14.5% and im 5'10 and weigh 170 lbs. I just had gynecomastia surgery this morning. Im going to start working hard to lose it by the end of the month, so come july I will be ready for the beach :). Time to get cut

8)

Offline TheHolyOne

• Posting Member
has anybody else realised that almost everyone on this site that puts up pictures of their breasts has a high bodyfat? There are a lot of fatties on this site, which ultimately makes your gyne look worse. lol is it that you guys are not as strict because you figure you will lose the fat after u get your gynecomastia taken care of since you wont be able to workout for about 3-4 weeks? Just curious, bc that was how I was :D. My bodyfat is about 14.5% and im 5'10 and weigh 170 lbs. I just had gynecomastia surgery this morning. Im going to start working hard to lose it by the end of the month, so come july I will be ready for the beach :). Time to get cut

8)

With depression comes being fat.  

From personal experience I can say that's true. It's all connected.

Offline Tired

• Bronze Member
The reason i quit soccer? Gyne. Reason i quit swimming? Gyne. Reason i played too much videogames? Gyne!

If you feel like a total failure/freak at the age of 14, you don't know anything and usally just crawl into a social shell and don't come out for 5+ years.

Offline tsjas

• Bronze Member
I don't know if this is true of anybody else but I actually try to gain weight so that my gyno looks little bit more "normal". I believe that people are much likely to accept gyno on a fat guy rather than a skinny guy who really stand out because of gyno.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
I don't know if this is true of anybody else but I actually try to gain weight so that my gyno looks little bit more "normal". I believe that people are much likely to accept gyno on a fat guy rather than a skinny guy who really stand out because of gyno.

opposite for me. When I was fat it was even larger. It was saggy too. Now I have lost weight at least I can wear t-shirts more confidently. My chest has a more mascline appearance too unclothed. I don't get any comments either now... .I think people have the same amount of disrespect for a fat guy as one with boobs.

If you are fat with boobs they just think you are a lazy person who eats pie.When I was fat (med induced not pie ;D) people would give me dirty looks if I bought some biscuits no joke. If you go on the tube people get annoyed if you sit down because you are overweight and take up room. No I feel both scenarios are bad.

That is ignorant but do they care about the real reason? nope. I may be fortunate in that mine reduced with fitness but I would rather have one problem than have several...

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The opening statement represents some common thinking about those of us who have Gynecomastia.

The term Gynecomastia is not really all that specific, it refers to women-like breasts. I take this to include both the enlarged nipples and areolas as well as the rounder contoured breasts. The term does not distinguish between rounded breasts or puffy nipples.

Where fat is considered, obviously fat men have fatty breasts. The fat could be as a result of anything, but social isolation and lack of participation in sports certainly do not help matters. Neither does depression induced over eating.

Obesity is common among people with our condition, but I had well rounded breasts when in my teens when I was about 5' 9" and weighed only about 130 lbs.

The originator of this thread stated he'd already had surgery but gave height and weight figures which would indicate he was about 20 lbs overweight. He also admitted to wanting to lose some weight before swimsuit season.  His excess weight would have made him (in my estimation) a less than ideal surgical candidate.

Propagating the misinformation that people with Gynecomastia are just a bunch of lazy fat boys contributes to the general lack of understanding about our condition.

Grandpa Dan

Offline remyrem6

• Posting Member
The reason i quit soccer? Gyne. Reason i quit swimming? Gyne. Reason i played too much videogames? Gyne!

If you feel like a total failure/freak at the age of 14, you don't know anything and usally just crawl into a social shell and don't come out for 5+ years.

Thats true, same life experiences go for me as well. You took the words right out of my mouth. Im so glad i had the surgery yesterday :)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
As do most of us in all probability.

Offline remyrem6

• Posting Member
I actually take huge offence to the title of this thread.

hey whats up?

sorry its my fault. I should have put more thought in my tittle. The main message i wanted to send was that almost everyone i'v seen post pics so far has a high bodyfat. Didnt mean to offend anyone. I was just in a hurry to post bruv.

Offline Shaman

• Posting Member
I'm a little frustrated that you almost make fun of these people, considering you are planning on losing weight too. It is true though, I think it's a reaction to being depressed and unsure of yourself to exercise and be energetic.

Offline remyrem6

• Posting Member
lol awesome. Yeah sorry about that. A little too excited with my gynecomastia account, didnt express what i was saying very well. But main message was that everyone on here is chubby, myself included  ;D ;) :). strangly it kind of makes me feel better :D

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
I think you spelt Phat wrong :) . I can't believe i used American slang.....oh, the shame!!!  ;D

Offline Hypo-is-here

The opening statement represents some common thinking about those of us who have Gynecomastia.

The term Gynecomastia is not really all that specific, it refers to women-like breasts. I take this to include both the enlarged nipples and areolas as well as the rounder contoured breasts. The term does not distinguish between rounded breasts or puffy nipples.

Where fat is considered, obviously fat men have fatty breasts. The fat could be as a result of anything, but social isolation and lack of participation in sports certainly do not help matters. Neither does depression induced over eating.

Obesity is common among people with our condition, but I had well rounded breasts when in my teens when I was about 5' 9" and weighed only about 130 lbs.

The originator of this thread stated he'd already had surgery but gave height and weight figures which would indicate he was about 20 lbs overweight. He also admitted to wanting to lose some weight before swimsuit season.  His excess weight would have made him (in my estimation) a less than ideal surgical candidate.

Propagating the misinformation that people with Gynecomastia are just a bunch of lazy fat boys contributes to the general lack of understanding about our condition.

The intelligence and the formulation of the position is good in itself but the balanced articulation, the manner of expression is something exceptionally difficult to do.

Quite brilliant.

A post that cuts through untruths and misinterpretations and represents the reality of matters.

P.S

It is refreshingly brilliant to hear such unerring truth, especially when you know how helpful that will be to people.

Offline remyrem6

• Posting Member
yeppppp ^^ what he said :P

Offline snugs

• Posting Member

This is true. However, what the original poster said carries some, uh, weight.

There ARE a ton of overweight people on this site. Not everyone falls under this category, but the vast majority of the members here do. I would advise anyone to get to a healthy weight before considering surgery. I lost my weight and still wasn't happy, so now i'm working towards surgery. I posted my before/after pics in this thread - http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=11;action=display;num=1139156121;start=

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024