Author Topic: Never been shirtless around anyone, posted pics  (Read 6675 times)

Offline murs316

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4537/81rm1.jpg

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5655/72io.jpg

Hi I'm so glad I found this site, it gives me some hope and it's a sort of therapy. I'm 22 years old and I have had this problem for a good 4-5 years, I have gained weight and dropped weight during those years, I currently weigh 215lbs and I'm 5'11'' my best weight has been 190 and I did see a reduction of size but not completely but also when I was 190 I was cut from the arms and legs but not my chest or stomach, I dunno if that sounds weird to you guys, but my arms and legs looked pretty good but my stomach was still flabby and my chest was still fat, I was doing a lot of cardio and weight lifting, I think towards the end I wasnt supplementing with vitamins and wasnt drinking enough water so I never got the end result because I got so sick of working out so much and not having a life and I was probably just losing water weight towards the end and not fat because I started to look very sucked up and with my shirt on i looked "really skinny" to everyone but my belly and chest still looked really bad underneath it all. I hate being like this, I can't have relationships without having my shirt on, a lot of the girls I have been with think I'm really weird because I never take my shirt off when were intimate and I have never been shirtless in front of ANYONE since probably jr. high which affects me in so many ways, I feel trapped in my body, I'm going on three weeks of working out again and on a two month low carb diet, supplementing with flaxseed oil gelcaps, miracle greens powders, whey, vitamin c, multivitamins, and lo carb creatine, and eating very healthy with at least 3 servings of brocolli a day and a lot of water. I hope this time I can lose the weight more efficiently and not just look good from my arms and legs but also tone up my abs and I'm hoping that if I get down to a better weight my chest will dissapear as well, this time I will make sure I'm not just losing water weight, well I have put links to pics of my gynecomastia, can I get some feedback, do you guys think I need surgery or will they dissapear with a workout? i have been reading some of the posts and well my nipples arent really puffy at all and my breasts feel very soft, not hard at all, just very flabby, i have really weak skin too and get stretch marks really fast, is that a factor? i have never been really really fat and I have stretch marks all over my belly, my sides, under my arms, my biceps (from when i was working out), and around my nipples, well I hope I can get some help thanks a lot!

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
You need to lose the weight first.  After you get down to your ideal weight you need to evaluate your chest and make an appointment with a plastic surgeon. By reviewing the photos, I would think that you will still have large breasts after weight loss.  If it is only fat then lipo will work wonders.  I had it a few months back and my chest looks fantastic.  

As for never taking your shirt off, that's another problem.  You need to be proud of yourself no matter what.  Go to the beach and look around.  There are so many people in your condition and worse but they don't let it bother them.  Furthermore, feeling a woman's skin next to yours is not something to be dismissed.  If that particular woman has  a comment or problem with your body, she wasn't worth the shag.  Most women don't have a problem with the size of our chests or guts, rather it is we who have the negative self-image.  Take a serious look at yourself in a mirror fully clothed.  Do you actually think that any woman is expecting to see a body builder when your naked?  No. She expects to see exactly what you have...so show her and start enjoying what god gave you.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
murs316....

Welcome to the Site dude!  :)

Thanks for sharing your story. I can totally relate to your 'intamacy' situation. When I had Gynecomastia, I very rarely took off my shirt while having sex. It's true what jack9 said about many women not having a problem with gyne or the size of your gut. I am married, have been for 15 years now. My wife didn't have a problem with the size of my chest. The problem was in my own mind. A mental state that I could not overcome.

Jack9 is correct.... you need to drop a few pounds. Then, seek out the expertise of an Endocrinologist to see if there is an underlying cause to your gyne. If the Endo cannot find an underlying cause, then I would suggest arranging a consultation with a Plastic Surgeon who specializes in Gynecomastic Reduction Surgery.

However....  if you opt for surgery, you have to have 'Realistic Expectations' of surgery results. GRS is a 'Fix' not a 'Cure'. Surgery has some risks. One of those risks is ending up with a chest concavity at the areola/nipple as a reslut of the Surgeon removing too much gland/fatty tissue. I have a slight concavity on my LHS. I'm not bothered by it though. Better a slight concavity than sporting 'D-cup' m(o)(o)bs....  ;)

If you have 'Glandular' gyne then no amount of exercise will rid you of the condition. Sure, your moobs will get somewhat smaller, but they will prolly never completely go away. Trust me I tried.... At one point in my adult life, I got my weight down to 148 pound standing at 6 feet. Still my m(o)(o)bs remained :-/. That was way back in 1990.... Then in 2004, I saw the television program 'Men With Breasts'. After watching MWB, I did a Google search and found Gynecomastia.org on Nov. 24, 2004. A Gyne.org member referred me to a local surgeon, Dr. John Craig Fielding. I had a consultation on Dec. 20, 2004 and surgery on Feb. 16, 2005.

Anyways, I'm rambling a tad here.... sorry.

Once again, welcome to the boards broh....

John.

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
Everything what the above posters said plus,

If you do go with surgery, remember not every surgeon is equal, even if they claim they do a lot of these. If possible go with a highly recommended surgeon from this site.

Offline murs316

Thanks a lot for the comments guys, reading all these stories from everyone really makes me feel like their is hope, as for now I'm gonna stick to the healhy eating,  and safe & smart full-body excercising. I still have some hope that if I lose the weight again but focus on dropping fat not so much water weight I can get a good result even if it's not "perfect" looking, I wouldn't mind a lil' bit of it left for the moment until I can get some money for surgery if I really need it. When I dropped weight I was actually comfortable in tight shirts and undershirts (not %100 but pretty confident) still never took my shirt off though. So this time I'm gonna drop it again and we'll see. I will keep you guys posted on what's going on, I'll post some more pics in about 2 weeks or so. I've been going at it for about 3 weeks I believe and I'm down 10+lbs so maybe in a couple of weeks I'll be down another 8lbs or so and hopefully by the time I get to be about 200lbs I'll start seeing the difference, I'm hoping that my body will resemble what I used to look like at 185 at about 197 or so if I diet correctly and don't lose all that extra water weight, so by the time I do reach my ideal weight of around 180 I will have a pretty good result and finally see how serious it is. Oh and another thing that I don't know if any of you are familiar with, like I said when I do work out for a few months, my legs will be in very good shape except for my inner thighs, and my arms, shoulders, back, sides look pretty good except for my torso and my chest, what is that all about? I'll try to post a pic later on today of me shirtless but when I had dropped down to 185, you will see that it was less severe, and hopefully you'll be able to see what I was talking about when I said everything looked pretty muscular and ripped except for my core and chest. Anyone else have that problem when they tried to drop weight? And just in case after I drop the weight and I'm not happy with whatever I have, do any of you live in southern CA and recommend a  doctor I can go see? Thanks so much for taking your time to reply guys.

Offline hazzard623

• Bronze Member
  • zap that gyno
well dude nothing else to say here.. U got a bible of advice here to go on...
good luck to ya whatever u decide.

this blatino is a fake. wheres the u got nothing kid. :'(

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy

this blatino is a fake. wheres the u got nothing kid. :'(

ya...the flamming homo one
8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

Offline Grrrrr

• Posting Member
I hope he's not going soft on us...

Offline dav242

• Bronze Member
As for never taking your shirt off, that's another problem.  You need to be proud of yourself no matter what.  Go to the beach and look around.  There are so many people in your condition and worse but they don't let it bother them.  Furthermore, feeling a woman's skin next to yours is not something to be dismissed.  If that particular woman has  a comment or problem with your body, she wasn't worth the shag.  Most women don't have a problem with the size of our chests or guts, rather it is we who have the negative self-image.

right on, man. i'd also like to add that women are also body-conscious themselves, so if anything, they're probably more concerned with how they look in the bathing suit than how you look.

besides, women - on the whole - are generally more understanding/accepting when it comes to the looks department.

don't be too hard on yourself. just lose the weight, develop better eating habits, but take it one day at a time. don't rush it or expect changes overnight. even if you decide to have the surgery, changing your body is a lifelong process. it shouldn't end once you've had your last post-op.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024