Author Topic: any recommended Sydney surgeons? Past experiences?  (Read 7007 times)

Offline papillon

• Posting Member
Hey if anyone from sydney who either plans to have a surgery or has already had one performed would like to share their experiences please do!

I live near newtown and I'm currently looking around for good plastic surgeons who specialize in gyne (both lipo and excision) Cheers

Dan

Offline sydboy85

• Posting Member
Heya Dan, check out my post here http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=11;action=display;num=1158377556

I went with Dr Thind from Paramatta... He was really good with my gyne. Good luck :)

- sydboy85

Offline papillon

• Posting Member
Thanks but 'Dr Thind' isn't listed on plasticsurgery.org.au's list of certified PS so I think I'll give him a miss.

Offline harveyd

• Posting Member
alot of people recommended Dr Jeremy Hunt, you should check him out.

Offline papillon

• Posting Member
Dr Hunt is a bit of a celebrity so I'd expect his fees to be quite a bit higher than your regular PS but yeah I'll definately go talk to his consultant if it's free ;-)

Offline harveyd

• Posting Member

Offline papillon

• Posting Member
Booked in to see Dr Hunt at the end of the month .. $160 consultation fee.

Just for everyone's info don't bother wasting your time or money on Dr Kenneth Lee FRACS. This PS didn't even know anything about the 'puffy nipple' symptoms off gyne and insisted this was all normal. I paid $120 just to hear information I've already known for more than a year. Crummy little office with crummy furniture and filled with old people half of whome looked like they'd escaped from some asylum ..waste of time.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 05:46:25 PM by papillon »

Offline harveyd

• Posting Member
end of the month!! ... he must be really busy.

how long is the wait between consultation and surgery?

Offline papillon

• Posting Member
Dr Hunt was OS for a couple of weeks I think, that's the reason for the delay ..

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
How did your appt. with Hunt go?
... and the saga continues

Offline surfboi

Be carefull mate.... Dr Hunt is not as good as they say....
My chest now has a big depression and the scars are really bad....
Im very upset with the result.... Hes full of shit!!!

Offline Billy88

• Posting Member
I recently made the mistake of recommending my surgeon on this website.

I regret it now. Not because he is a bad surgeon - I don't know - he did a good job on me. But because even with the best surgeon you can get bad results.

The best thing to do is check their qualifications, education and experience. Also check with the regulatory body.

There is risk going into every surgery.

I'm a professional, and I'm good at my job. But I don't get the best results every time I work sometimes because of my own error and sometimes because the problem can't be resolved no matter what is thrown at it. We are relying on humans and in doing so we are taking serious risk.

Sorry not trying to be scary but I think that recommendations for surgeons at this site and stories of their worth have to be taken only as a starting point. (Sorry I know I'm stating the obvious)

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Surfboi : Did you get my pm I sent you ?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024