Author Topic: Endo or PS first - worst gyne?  (Read 3299 times)

Offline goodbyemoobs

When I was born I had testicles that were only partially descended.  I was given two weeks of a medicine containing testosterone to see if this would fix the problem.  It didn't so I had surgery to fix the problem.  As it turns out it was caused by hernia.  My mother says that shortly after I took the medicine she noticed I was gaining weight.  This makes me think that the medicine may have caused my gyne.

I've had moobs as long as I can remember.  Now I'm 26 and I'm going to have them fixed no matter what it takes.  Looking through the posts here it seems like seeing an endocrinologist is recommended mostly for adolescents.  I want to know if I should see an endo first or go directly to a PS.  Would and endo be able to help someone with gyne. who's finished with puberty?  As for a PS, I'll probably end up seeing Dr. Bermant in Richmond, VA since he's the closest and seems to be an expert on gynecomastia.  I have insurance, but not a lot of money to pay the co-pays and deductibles so I'm trying to minimize expenses.  How much does a basic set of tests cost to find out if hormone therapy will fix the problem?  Since insurance usually doesn't pay for gyne. surgery I'll probably get a personal loan or try to work out payments (what ever it takes).

Here are my pictures.  I don't think I've seen anyone here that has gyne. as bad as I do.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p11/nomoremoobs/gyne3.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p11/nomoremoobs/gyne2.jpg
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p11/nomoremoobs/gyne1.jpg

I know I'm overweight (199 lbs. at 5'9"), but I'm loosing weight and have lost 47 lbs. so far.  The weight loss has reduced the size noticeably, but even if I get down to my appropriate weight (~168 lbs.) it's still not going to fix the problem completely (saggy skin, large areolas).

Thanks everyone!

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
bad for sure, though fwiw still not the worst there's been.  under the circumstances i would think endo first, since if you tell a ps that he might just refer you first anyway, tell him you're looking to get it fixed and want things stable.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline oyelad

• Posting Member
Looks like whole lot more loose skin than gland.

Offline goodbyemoobs

Looks like whole lot more loose skin than gland.

Yeah, everything is sagging since I've lost weight.  When I lay down they flatten out almost completely.  In fact if they'd always look that way I wouldn't have any problems with my chest.  If I pinch them I think I can feel a thin layer of fat, maybe 1/8 of an inch.  If I grab them they feel like a big bag of marbles.

Thanks for the advice guys, any more is welcome!

Offline harmon570

• Posting Member
it does seem like alot of skin. i was very similar. i lost 100lbs . i will be two weeks post op on weds.  i had excision and lipo. plans in the works for belt lipectomy. keep up the good work.

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Loose skin, yes, but the large and puffy areolas indicate a strong possibility of excessive gland.  
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline goodbyemoobs

it does seem like alot of skin. i was very similar. i lost 100lbs . i will be two weeks post op on weds.  i had excision and lipo. plans in the works for belt lipectomy. keep up the good work.

Did you wear a compression vest before surgery?  I saw some pictures at Dr. Bermant's site of patients who wore compression vests during weight loss and it seemed to help.  I'm thinking of getting one to help tighten the skin.  I still want surgery, but a vest might work for now.  I was looking at one from Design Veronique.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024