Author Topic: Dr. Robert Schwartz consult  (Read 5630 times)

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Hey everybody, on my "quest for the best" for a DFW gyne surgeon, I have to write this report on my consultation with Dr. Robert Schwarts in the Dallas area.

Of the five surgeons I have consulted with, I would have to rate this consultation as nothing short of outstanding!

His office manager, Krysta, spent more time on the phone with me and never rushed. She was most pleasant and made me feel welcome. Upon arriving at Dr. Schwartz office, his staff was smiling and gave a warm welcome.

The doctor was very personable and immediatly addressed my concerns over the fat/gland composition issue, and examined me closely.

After that, the doctor took before photos of my gyne. Front, side, and 45 degree front view. He printed the photos real big on full sheets of paper. He used a black background to clearly display

Then he took a black sharpie pen and drew on the photos showing exactly where he would make the tiny incisions. Not one incision, but 3 around each breast. He then began to draw sweeping lines from the incision points displaying his method for cross tunneling and evenly suctioning the fat. He explained in detail WHY he does it this way, and the benefit for doing it this way. He also explained that the tiny incisions would vanish into my hairy chest and not be noticed.

While he is doing this, I am holding the Vaser probe in my hand so I now have a clear picture of the instrument he will be using.

Because my gyne appears to be pure fat, based on X-rays and physical examination. Dr. Schwatrz said that he would approach this initially as all fat. IF during surgery he finds glandular tissue involved, only then he would include an incision at the nipple for the excision. His reason: Sometimes an incision at the nipple can distort the nipple, and there is no reason to do this if its not absolutley needed. Hence: Keep it simple!    

Then came photos of his work. I looked at all his work, both men and women, and quite frankly, I was truly impressed!

Dr. Swchartz office is located in Richardson Texas near Campbell and 75. Hey guys, if you live anywhere nearby, and are looking for a surgeon, I'd  recommend Dr. Schwartz for a consult.  

As for me its just a matter of my finances, then I'm ready to get this surgery done.

Skyhawk

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Hey Thinman,

This doctor invested alot of time with me. The longest and most detailed consult of the five doctors, plus time with his office manager, Krysta. We started around 2:30 and I walked out around 4:30.

Yes, they did offer to have me talk with previous clients. and Yes the Doctor appeared extremely confident and intellegent. He certainly won my confidence in him.

Anesthesia is General anesthesia. WE talked about everything under the sun and I can't believe I forgot to ask WHO exactly would be administering. My fault.

Sure, I'll read your post. Where is it posted under? This is a big site.

Offline Hypo-is-here

Of the five surgeons I have consulted with, I would have to rate this consultation as nothing short of outstanding!

Yes but it is not about who appears the most outstanding in a consultation is it!

I mean don’t get me wrong it is good to win your confidence, you need that in a surgeon or any doctor in fact BUT it comes down to how good a job he does and so far you haven’t had surgery with him so in all honesty you can’t really recommend jack.

His office manager, Krysta, spent more time on the phone with me and never rushed. She was most pleasant and made me feel welcome. Upon arriving at Dr. Schwartz office, his staff was smiling and gave a warm welcome.

The doctor was very personable and immediatly addressed my concerns over the fat/gland composition issue, and examined me closely.

After that, the doctor took before photos of my gyne. Front, side, and 45 degree front view. He printed the photos real big on full sheets of paper. He used a black background to clearly display

Then he took a black sharpie pen and drew on the photos showing exactly where he would make the tiny incisions. Not one incision, but 3 around each breast. He then began to draw sweeping lines from the incision points displaying his method for cross tunneling and evenly suctioning the fat. He explained in detail WHY he does it this way, and the benefit for doing it this way. He also explained that the tiny incisions would vanish into my hairy chest and not be noticed.

While he is doing this, I am holding the Vaser probe in my hand so I now have a clear picture of the instrument he will be using.

So far so good….

Because my gyne appears to be pure fat, based on X-rays and physical examination. Dr. Schwatrz said that he would approach this initially as all fat. IF during surgery he finds glandular tissue involved, only then he would include an incision at the nipple for the excision. His reason: Sometimes an incision at the nipple can distort the nipple, and there is no reason to do this if its not absolutley needed. Hence: Keep it simple!    

AVOID like the plague!!!!

There is no way whatsoever to ascertain whether gynecomastia is fat or gland based upon ultrasounds x-rays or anything else this is complete rubbish!!  

It is possible to see dense glandular mass, but totally impossible to see any diffuse glandular mass.

Dr Bermant has said on this website that the only way he knows whether gynecomastia is fat or gland is once he can examine it in his hand once it has been removed.  This is because fat is usually soft but can be hard and gland is usually hard but can be soft and gland is often found between fingers of fat.

I myself once went and had an ultrasound and was told my gynecomastia was fat only.  I told the doctor concerned that the gynecomastia only developed on testosterone replacement therapy and that I had not gained weight and that the method of action of testosterone meant there was a clear method of development and that testosterone converts to estradiol and that increases glandular mass.  I told this doctor in no uncertain terms that he was wrong.  His cocky nature and confidence evaporated in seconds.

When I had my operation the surgeon described it as extensive diffuse glandular gynecomastia.

I knew it was glandular gynecomastia, my chosen surgeon confirmed it.  I also knew for a fact that gynecomastia cannot be diagnostically differentiated from pseudo-gynecomastia very easily and certainly not at all by ultra sound or x-rays.  Unfortunately there are quite a few plastic surgeons out there who continue to peddle this fallacy.  

I have seen many many men come through here for over two years and I have yet to see a single man happy who has had lipo only.  Very often it simply reveals the glandular tissue that does exist even more and cause more distress.  

You are welcome to see if you do any better, but I know so many guys that are on surgery number two or three because of lipo only and the ignorant idea that the diagnostic tools mentioned above help- they don’t!

If you pick a surgeon who says he is going to do both glandular excision and lipo then you know what you are getting, if he says he will choose during the op then it is very much up in the air!

Also I would love to know how exactly he comes to a given conclusion in the middle of an operation, can he see if there is glandular tissue under the nipple or in other parts of the chest- does he have that level of access via camera and lipo  Mmmm

Also wouldn’t it just be cheaper for him once he has your money to say to himself lets not bother?

Given we ALL have some glandular mass, what does he consider acceptable, is it the same amount that his patient/you would find acceptable?  Mmm

You know the guy might be ok, but I would not go near him with a barge pole such are the open question and the questionable things mentioned so far.

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Hypo, I see you have already had your surgery. Who was your Surgeon? And how would you rate Him/her on a scale of 1-10?

Offline Hypo-is-here

Hypo, I see you have already had your surgery. Who was your Surgeon? And how would you rate Him/her on a scale of 1-10?

Surgery in the UK- on the NHS.

I would rate her;

10 for honesty

8 for result

From my point of view given my expectations (realistic) and the fact I am not vain

10 Overall

Had I listened to rubbish regarding how the gynecomastia was supposed to be fat according to ultrasound I would have been stuck with a crap suregon and probably had a result nearer 2 in terms of satisfaction.

In that area that sky and I are looking the doctors look into excision as the last resort.

It is understandable when people are getting this done for free on the NHS or via insurance if choosing a surgeon is a little difficult and hard to push for (I still did);

But when you are paying for whoever you want, to not end up with someone decent just because of distance is just lazy- for gawd sake ::)

Vote with your feet and look elsewhere.

Ask who are top surgeons on the site and go and vistit one of them....it isn't as though you have to leave the US is it :-/

And if you think my tone is harsh it is because I'd rather sound like a pain in your ass guys and hear you got good surgery than be nice and not make an impression and hear of another couple of crappy lipo jobs.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 04:20:10 PM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
I never said anything about ultrasound. Actually, the imaging was male mamography at the University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas. The Radiologist there was the one who told me it was pure fat. So naturally, I thought it was pure fat.

After that, Dr. Wiener in Houston told me, "even though radiology did not show a clump of gland, strands of gland that do not show up on x-rays can run through the fatty tissue. These glands do not suction well, and I must excise the gland, then suction and feather the area."

It seemed that every doctor I consulted with had something different to say about the composition, thus leaving the patient confused.

I started this thread because I had a very pleasant consultation with a Doctor Schwartz and I wanted to share that with the guys. Thats all.

Hypo, I appreciate your concern for us guys getting good surgery. But regardless of your information, good or bad, knowlegable or not, there is no place for arrogance on this website. You have to keep in mind  alot of guys on these boards are hurting from their condition, and you can be more tactful in sharing your information in a more professional manner. Responding with "up your ass" or "you can't recommend jack" is not welcome here. Gynecomastia.org is a very respectable website. Lets keep it that way.

Keep in mind too, that not everyone can afford to fly across the country to a surgeon. Everyone has different circumstances. So consider this before you pass judgement on others.

Skyhawk

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!

...there is no place for arrogance on this website. You have to keep in mind  alot of guys on these boards are hurting from their condition, and you can be more tactful in sharing your information in a more professional manner. Responding with "up your ass" or "you can't recommend jack" is not welcome here. Gynecomastia.org is a very respectable website. Lets keep it that way.

You don't have to agree with Hypo's choice of words, but you would be well-advised to respect his advice.  Look at the number of posts (literally hundreds) Hypo has made that have helped the hurting.  What he said to you is backed up by the numerous posts of guys who wasted money and pain on lipo surgeries.  If we were all professionals on these boards then you could demand professional-sounding wording.  If you desire real-life opinions from other sufferers who have been where you are, then you shouldn't be offended by Hypo's post.  
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline nargle

• Posting Member
Don't want to get too in depth, but I can tell you from personal experience that lipo only will not resolve puffy areola.  I've had it done and my areolas are still puffy.  I have been on these boards awhile as well and have rarely (like .01%) of people who have been happy with lipo only.

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Of course, doing my homework is why I am here. I guess I just didn't like being judged as "lazy" when in fact, I work my buns off against all odds.

I do not have my own car so it is difficult to get to a consultation.

I understand what you all are saying about lipo and excision, and I am listening to the advice.

As far as puffy nipples are concerned ( from nargles post) I don't have them. My nips are perfect dime size. I sure hope they stay that way.

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Hey Hypo, I just realized, it must be in the middle of the night in the UK right now. Thanx for staying up.

Offline Hypo-is-here

Hey Hypo, I just realized, it must be in the middle of the night in the UK right now. Thanx for staying up.

It's ok I have insomnia quite often at the moment due to difficult personal circumstances.

I am sorry if you feel judged, the language was meant to be hard hitting, not judgemental, it can be hard to get the balance right.  

Like I said I would rather you were irritated by me and what I said stuck and you got a good result and rid of the gynecomastia.   Not- hey nice guy, i'm not trying to be a nice guy, at least not in the easy going sense, that would be cheap- it wouldn't help you.

Do a search for threads (best going back pages rather than using the seach engine as you will return to many errors) for lipo only or lipo vs excsion and read what everyone has been saying who has had lipo only- it is the best thing you could do.

All the very best- I'm sorry if you felt I was trying to poo on your pie.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 01:57:55 AM by Hypo-is-here »

Offline flex1appeal

Skyhawk, I am a little disappointed you didn't share your experience with Dr Perry even though I know you found Dr Schwartz more useful. People are still interested in hearing.

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
I will post on my consult with Dr. Perry on a fresh thread in this section. Gotta go to work right now. I have good things to say, Back later.

Offline flex1appeal

Good deal bro! Glad things went well for the consultation.

flex

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024