Author Topic: Hi All!  (Read 6441 times)

Offline Ross_Mk2

• Posting Member
First off let me say, what a great site, found it at random really researching!

I'm 19, 6ft 2 ok i weigh around 14st but don't think i look overweight apart from the obvious reason as to why i would be here  ;D

I can't acctually remember if i had the problem at school but i started noticing the problem about 2003 new year i think it was! And if anything its gotten worse! I could kick myself for not acting sooner but i am ready now, the only problem i have with them is clothing (my gf is very supporting) and the odd remark in the pub which has sent me over the top a few times and am just ready to get the ball rolling!

I have had a quick skin through various threads and just after advice and anything else you can off (4k would be nice) i live not too far from Dr.Levick but can't afford the prices, seen a post on here about surgery abroad also! So am finally ready to phone my GP and book an appointment to see what the NHS route is all about! So i suppose this thread is to say hello and to just generally ask for adivce really as to what NHS is like and what sort of things i shouls ask/tell the GP! Also whats this surgery abroad which i am totally in the dark about?

Thanks!
Ross

Offline karl_82

• Posting Member
Hi,

Welcome to the boards.

Basically, first thing to do is go and see your gp, and ask for a blood test to make sure all of your hormone levels are ok. If all come back fine this will rule out the possibility of the condition coming back if you do choose to have surgery.

I have just got back from having surgery in Poland last week (worth having a good read through the thread if you are considering that as an option)

I am very happy with my results so far.

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
To echoe what my pal Karl has said.
Get the blood tests checked out with GP ask him to forward you on to an NHS surgeon (can be hard work)

But if you are in the position and dont mind flying then Poland is a very good road to go down.

The Clinic in Poland is superbly clean and modern and better than 99% of them over in the UK.
The staff are friendly and proffessional and very very efficcent.

I went a few days before Karl and both of us are opver the moon with our results :)

I feel like a pusher by telling people to go to Poland but i feel that i have had a bargain and got rid of something that needed getting rid of a long time ago :)

good luck in what you choose to do and the future can only get better for you :)
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

Offline Ross_Mk2

• Posting Member
Thanks lads i like the sound of Poland tbh!!!

But first things first i go see my GP yes?

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
yes and as soon as your checked out get booked :)
lifes to short to let this horrible condition spoil it :(
keep us informed.
thanks to this website and the help i got here it made me brave enough to go to poland and get rid of that horrible condition :)
and the results are amazing :)

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
Hi Ross,
How's it going? Welcome to the boards!!!

I hope you take note of Karl and NotFedup's advice and get a blood test.
I am going to start with a little sermon which you have probs got before!!! You said you got the Gyne in or around 2003 and you are also 6ft 2!! Bit of a sherlock me :) .
Gyne can come during pubery and stay until your early 20's ...so you may find that yours may leave in the next 12 months. The reason you get it during puberty is due to the hormone inbalance in your body...and you must have had alot of growth hormone to reach 6ft 2....lol!!! ;) All i am trying to say is before you set your heart on surgery....their is still a chance it may go on its own!!! Go to the docs , get a blood test and talk through the options....if you were 21 i would tell you to get the blood tests n go for the surgery but because yu are only 19 i am going to say wait a while....what do you have to lose? but you have money to gain....Plus its winter now so you can cover up......if you want the surgery make the summer the date....this gives you time to see if it will go and also lets you hide it during the winter months.  :D

If you decide to go straight for surgery (which i probs would as i am a hypocrite) you would be in very safe hands!!!  ;D . I would probs try your own Quck first to see if you can get it on the NHS!! If you feel they are not interested ...back heel them straight away...or u may find yourslef waiting for never ending appointments!!!  ??? 8) :o

Could you please post a pic on this thread Ross?

If you nee any questions answered quickly just email me markkeo@hotmail.com , this goes for everyone :) .

Ta-ra

Mark

Offline Ross_Mk2

• Posting Member
I'll try and get some pics up, but tbh i doubt very much its going away! My main problem is puffy nipples i think, it really gets on my t1ts excuse the pun :) I tried tamoxifen before i went on holiday because i thought i can get rid of this without spending 4k i trained everyday on this and epherdine to loose a little weight also but they stayed!

I suppose still first things first is to get a blood test by the quacks! Just a quick thought, what are the chances of my hormones being imbalanced does it happen? Also if they are what will they do about it, inject me with a little testoserone? You know thinking about it (it may be linked i don't know) facial hair doesn't hardly grow on me once a week if that i shave and thats really just fluff under my chin (i know some of you may think i am lucky for this :) ) and really apart from the nether regions i am a rather smooth man! Maybe i am all imbalanced! HEHE
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 11:45:28 PM by Ross_Mk2 »

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
it does happen so its noyt a case of averages its just a case of being unlucky.
and if the rest of you has developed at the same rate i dont think you have too much to worry about.
But do go to the doctors asap and get the tests out the way.
Tell the doctor that you believe you are sufferring from male gynecomastia and that its ruining your life.
Doctors are very sympathetic about it in 99% of cases.
But if you get the odd knob doctor you should stand your ground and almost demand the tests :)

love marks reply :D
as you can see lots are going to poland for treatment and all are praising it :)
good luck
and keep us informed

and get the pics up :)

Offline Ross_Mk2

• Posting Member
Phoned the doctors, for an appointmnet on a Friday after 1pm (i work half a day fridays) and i am booked in the 17th! They had nothing for this week, must be some seriously ill people in my area this month :)

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
I'll try and get some pics up, but tbh i doubt very much its going away! My main problem is puffy nipples i think, it really gets on my t1ts excuse the pun  I tried tamoxifen before i went on holiday because i thought i can get rid of this without spending 4k i trained everyday on this and epherdine to loose a little weight also but they stayed!

I suppose still first things first is to get a blood test by the quacks! Just a quick thought, what are the chances of my hormones being imbalanced does it happen? Also if they are what will they do about it, inject me with a little testoserone? You know thinking about it (it may be linked i don't know) facial hair doesn't hardly grow on me once a week if that i shave and thats really just fluff under my chin (i know some of you may think i am lucky for this  ) and really apart from the nether regions i am a rather smooth man! Maybe i am all imbalanced! HEHE

Ross reading your post...i seen how you were easily able to get hold of tamoxifen and eph.....have you also used roids? if so ...this will be the cause and you will need an op to remove it.....Only asking because most people find it difficult to get hold of them two medications.....cheers :) ..
good news about the appointment

Offline Ross_Mk2

• Posting Member

Ross reading your post...i seen how you were easily able to get hold of tamoxifen and eph.....have you also used roids? if so ...this will be the cause and you will need an op to remove it.....Only asking because most people find it difficult to get hold of them two medications.....cheers :) ..
good news about the appointment

Nope never took them in my life! Was offered them but i wouldn't touch them as i already had the gyno!

Can you tell me how to pronounce gynecomastia plz :)

GUY-NUH-CO-MAST-IAH........that right? I don't want to look even more of a plonker when i go to the doctors :)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 09:41:29 PM by Ross_Mk2 »

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

Can you tell me how to pronounce gynecomastia plz :)

GUY-NUH-CO-MAST-IAH........that right?

Pretty close .. try:

GUY-NEE-COM-AST-E-UR

Good luck with your doctor, you are doing the right thing by getting your hormones checked out first.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 10:53:12 PM by Time_to_fix_it »
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline Ross_Mk2

• Posting Member
More and more excited everyday (don't know why i have not even seen the doctor :) )!!!

Just weighing up the options now, how much would it cost me to get things done in Poland and where do i start?

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
about £1500 all in with flights and hotel and taxi fares included :)

make sure you prepare yourself properly for tomorrow .
tell your doctor why you want the blood test also expect to have your testicles examined/felt :)

Offline Ross_Mk2

• Posting Member
Todays the day i go to the doctors!!! I will let you know whats said, weither i walk out there in a strop cus my doctors are usless or something gets sorted!

Will report back!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024